Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Knocking sound from rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 12:07 PM
ajrusso.s197

Default Knocking sound from rear

I have a 2006 v6 manual transmission, about 130k miles. I've had it close to 2 years, and almost the entire time I've had a low clicking / knocking sound coming from the rear of the car whenever the clutch is pressed or I'm rolling in neutral. It happens whether or not the car is running or not. I've rebuilt the clutch, replaced the driveshaft, checked the wheel bearings, I'm beginning to think it's an axle or the rear diff. I haven't seen anybody talking about the problem exactly as I'm having it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's something simple that I'm overthinking. Either way, any help or guidance would be immensely appreciated.
Old 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
JimC

Welcome to the forum, but please learn how it is structured when you post. Every generation has its own section for questions about your car.

You posted this in the section
Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.
So unless somehow using Mustang Forums is causing your knocking sound, you are in the wrong section.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:21 PM
ajrusso.s197

ok how do i take it down?