AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

SF3 Firmware Update Error

Old 07-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Savage Penguin

Default SF3 Firmware Update Error

Not sure if this is the appropriate area for this, but I'm desperate. I just attempted to update my firmware (to load my new bama tunes) on my SF3 tuner and it bricked. Anytime I connect it, it produces this message:

System Start Up
Please Wait...
Filesystem ERROR
Needs to be reloaded

ONFI x 4-bit

Of course the program advised me to return my vehicle to stock tune before updating the firmware... so right now I can't run my vehicle... and I have work in 6 hours. SCT isn't available during the weekend.

I believe I can load a previous version of the firmware, but I need to get it from someone (since their website only lets you update firmware with this new software). Does anyone have a .LWU file I can use?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

IIRC this happened to me too...
the recommendation from SCT was to unplug the handheld and reboot the PC, then reconnect and restart the firmware upgrade.

The cause: Windows USB drivers for the handheld didn't load correctly or didn't finish loading, thus causing a data transfer issue
Old 07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Savage Penguin
Not sure if this is the appropriate area for this, but I'm desperate. I just attempted to update my firmware (to load my new bama tunes) on my SF3 tuner and it bricked. Anytime I connect it, it produces this message:

System Start Up
Please Wait...
Filesystem ERROR
Needs to be reloaded

ONFI x 4-bit

Of course the program advised me to return my vehicle to stock tune before updating the firmware... so right now I can't run my vehicle... and I have work in 6 hours. SCT isn't available during the weekend.

I believe I can load a previous version of the firmware, but I need to get it from someone (since their website only lets you update firmware with this new software). Does anyone have a .LWU file I can use?
Savage Penguin,

Sorry you're having issues with the tuner! Were you able to get a hold of SCT this morning? They have a Tech support that will be able to get this taken care of.

Please keep me posted with your progress with SCT! I want to make sure you're taken care of!

Shane