Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tasteful Modifications for my new stang

Old 08-27-2013, 04:06 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Default Tasteful Modifications for my new stang

This week I'll be taking delivery of my 2014 v6 base black on black.

I'm looking for a few tasteful modifications that aren't necessarily power adders, and that wont void any warranties.

What I have so far:

1. Axle-back exhaust: specifically, I'm definitely getting the Borla Atak Axle-backs. There is no doubt about it, I really like the sound of those.
2. Front Grill: black billet grill kit from AM, with no emblems. I want to (kinda) black out this car a bit and set me aside from the normal/average black mustangs on the road.
3. Shift ****: black retro shift **** from AM. I don't like the stock shifter at all.
4. Tint: Definitely tinting out this car.

After winter I'll get new wheels and tires... what else? What other tasteful mods can I do to set myself apart from your average street mustang?

I like the appeal of a tune, new gears etc, but I don't want to screw up my vehicle or lose my warranty.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

the only way you can screw up a warranty is if the dealer can PROVE that the aftermarket part is what caused the failure. For instance if you changed rear end gears, they cant say they wont replace youre cd unit because of this...

Anyways, tint out the headlights, raxiom smoked taillights, mgw short throw shifter, cdc chin spoiler, etc
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Head unit and speakers
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Blacking it out WILL make it look like every other black Mustang, at least in my neck of the woods. A trend that has been way overdone IMO.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
jRaskell
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by White05GT
Blacking it out WILL make it look like every other black Mustang, at least in my neck of the woods. A trend that has been way overdone IMO.
Must be a regional thing. I've seen very few blacked out stangs in my neck of the woods.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Tint + Wheels + Exhaust + Drop
Maybe pick a theme and accent here and there a little bit (Vinyl, mirror caps, door handle wraps, etc), maybe a new hood if you want to set it apart, tint the lights as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I would get a good cold air intake (Steeda, BBK etc) and a nice 91 octane race tune. Not only will that improve power it will improve gas milage so as long as you keep your foot out of it. But then again thats not why most people buy a Mustang now is it.

Not sure if the 2014's come with a shock tower brace I would assume they do. But a nice aftermarket one really will help in reduced body flex. Whiteline makes a great one and it looks sexy too.

Like other have suggest lowering really helps with the appearance of these cars. The stock stance kind of has this 4x4 sedan look going on. Keep in mind with lowering you will have to have the camber checked so it would be a good idea to get some camber bolts and you also might need a new panhard bar for the rear to recenter the rear wheels. Shocks and struts would be on the list after lowering also as the stock ones will not hold up long.

Lower also really helps a lot with the cars handling.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:10 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Gears Gears Gears
Old 08-28-2013, 12:23 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
I would get a good cold air intake (Steeda, BBK etc) and a nice 91 octane race tune. Not only will that improve power it will improve gas milage so as long as you keep your foot out of it. But then again thats not why most people buy a Mustang now is it.

Not sure if the 2014's come with a shock tower brace I would assume they do. But a nice aftermarket one really will help in reduced body flex. Whiteline makes a great one and it looks sexy too.

Like other have suggest lowering really helps with the appearance of these cars. The stock stance kind of has this 4x4 sedan look going on. Keep in mind with lowering you will have to have the camber checked so it would be a good idea to get some camber bolts and you also might need a new panhard bar for the rear to recenter the rear wheels. Shocks and struts would be on the list after lowering also as the stock ones will not hold up long.

Lower also really helps a lot with the cars handling.
I'm scared to tune because of warranty... tell me I don't need to be worried.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:00 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

People worry to much about voiding a factory warranty, chances of a car breaking due to a simple bolt on modification and tune are just as possible as leaving it stock, generally new cars don't have any major problems within the warranty period anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tasteful Modifications for my new stang