Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2014 MUSTANG BOSS 302S

Old 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Default 2014 MUSTANG BOSS 302S

I was at the Ford dealer today and seen this beauty sitting in the showroom. Wow, what a car, if I was wealthy, I would buy this and slap a plate on the back of it and use it as a daily driver although, the racing seat would be a little tight and I would probably replace it with 2 Mustang production Recaro front seats and enjoy....who needs heat and A/C...lol.

Crappy IPhone 5 video...

Last edited by daredevil95; 05-11-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

What a rare find. First thought was a fake because 2013 was officially last year made but guess Ford actually offers this as a dealership package. Who would have thought?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11687
Old 05-11-2013, 08:28 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
What a rare find. First thought was a fake because 2013 was officially last year made but guess Ford actually offers this as a dealership package. Who would have thought?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11687
Yea, what a great car, the phone video doesn't really show the car very well, it looks a lot better in person. The dealer was asking a 100K for it, I would of liked to of opened the hood and check out the motor but, it had to many hood pins and I don't know if the dealer would of been cool with that. It certainly is a nice car.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
Yea, what a great car, the phone video doesn't really show the car very well, it looks a lot better in person. The dealer was asking a 100K for it, I would of liked to of opened the hood and check out the motor but, it had to many hood pins and I don't know if the dealer would of been cool with that. It certainly is a nice car.
I'm all about capitalism but I really hope that thing sits on their showroom floor until they take a loss on it.... It's not a street legal car... no VIN, can't register it for plates, and has a FRPP part number... why jack up the price $10k... and the new owner can't drive it home? I dunno. Sorta douchie in my opinion.

Don
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I'm all about capitalism but I really hope that thing sits on their showroom floor until they take a loss on it.... It's not a street legal car... no VIN, can't register it for plates, and has a FRPP part number... why jack up the price $10k... and the new owner can't drive it home? I dunno. Sorta douchie in my opinion.

Don
The guy that buys this sort of car will probably have access to dealer or repair plates and if not, he will get a set....I know i would. Yea, this particular dealer could be overpriced at times, I bought my 08 GT from them and got a decent deal but, at that same time they had a new 08 GT500 in the showroom and they wanted a jacked up price of 75K when I think the car should of been in the high 40's, so yea, they are with the BS. I doubt they ever get those jacked up prices, most wealthy people would never let anyone take advantage of them but, some people will pay whatever it takes at times. So, who knows?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Well, considering that it's NOT a street machine, you wouldn't put plates on it. This is meant for the track. It's a Boss 302S race track machine. $100K is not bad for a real race car. Since they're not going to be available until Q4, I don't know how the dealer has one. Really nice to see, anyway. Good find and thx for sharing.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
Well, considering that it's NOT a street machine, you wouldn't put plates on it. This is meant for the track. It's a Boss 302S race track machine. $100K is not bad for a real race car. Since they're not going to be available until Q4, I don't know how the dealer has one. Really nice to see, anyway. Good find and thx for sharing.
The Ford advertisement for the car said it should be priced at $89,000 and the dealer wanted $100,000 grand for it. It might of had extra options on it that wasn't on the car info so, we assumed the price was jacked up. Who knows? I was just joking around about the plates but, besides the track, it would be a cool Fri/Sat night car...lol.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

I understand. It would be tragic if it got beat on a Saturday night street race though.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Why cant you register it? It has headlights, taillights, brakelights, turnsignals, wipers, mufflers, windshield, and a horn could easily be added making it street legal. It could be registered as a homebuilt vehicle using the serial number or even an owner applied number as a VIN.

VIN=Vehicle Identification number
So any numbers attached to the vehicle chassis could be used to ID it, making it a VIN, just like a homebuilt trailer.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
SterlingGTVert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Why cant you register it? It has headlights, taillights, brakelights, turnsignals, wipers, mufflers, windshield, and a horn could easily be added making it street legal. It could be registered as a homebuilt vehicle using the serial number or even an owner applied number as a VIN.

VIN=Vehicle Identification number
So any numbers attached to the vehicle chassis could be used to ID it, making it a VIN, just like a homebuilt trailer.
Being a stripped down factory racer it may not have proper emissions equipment and/or safety equipment(air bags, lighting etc.) to be legal for street use. But as you said you can add them but wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to take a street BOSS and strip/mod it to resemble this track car?

Last edited by SterlingGTVert; 05-13-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 MUSTANG BOSS 302S