Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First post on SS

Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Default First post on SS

Not my first kill but it's my most recent one. Not really even proud of it but some people just need to be put in their place.

Last night I was driving home from a friends house on the freeway. I usually drive faster at night on the freeway since there's barely any traffic. I was on the left most lane waiting for the carpool lane to start when I came up behind a red Honda Del Sol. I was trailing behind him by about 3 car lengths when the carpool lane started. So I switched over to the carpool lane and passed him going around 90. I maintained that speed for awhile and I saw headlights coming up fast behind me on the other lane. I lifted off the gas pedal to slow down to about 80 and I see the red Del Sol zoom past me. I let him have about a car length before I smashed on the gas. I hit about 110 and he was just a speck on my rear view before I had to slow down for oncoming traffic. He zooms past again and started weaving through lanes. I was able to find my way behind him back on the carpool lane by doing a couple of lane changes and I followed behind him by less than a car length. As soon as the lane cleared he steps on the gas again and I maintained my distance behind him. I think he maxed out at 120 since I wasn't able to go any faster behind him. I took the next chance to pass him on the right and left him behind. Not really sure how far back he was but his headlights were just a little speck on my mirror. He stopped trying to mess with me after that and I slowed back down to a reasonable speed. I actually scared myself a bit... I usually shut down at about 100 and I've only reached those speeds twice on completely empty roads and not even racing someone. I'm not sure if it was my leg or my car that was shaking/vibrating but I started feeling my car shake/vibrate at around 110 or more. It could be both but I just want to know what could be causing this.

tl;dr
Del Sol tried to mess with me. He got completely embarassed. I shouldn't drive that fast anymore on public roads. Car shakes/vibrates at around 110+ need some info.

PS.
If anyone cares to know. Automatic, 4.10 gears, 91 Race tune, Borla Stingers Catback, and drop in K&N filter.

Last edited by Subbz; 08-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:37 PM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Being it was a Del Sol, my normal response of "good kill" is not earned lol.

What was he thinking?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:32 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

cool story
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
Being it was a Del Sol, my normal response of "good kill" is not earned lol.

What was he thinking?
Yeah that's why I wasn't really proud of it. I was pretty much just toying with him the whole time... I guess I just wanted to share this story with you guys ans hope you were somewhat entertained by it . And I'm not really too sure what he was thinking lol. I wasn't even looking for trouble that night.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Go-Go Gadget flame suit....
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

LOL momma always said. If ya ain't got nothin nice to say....Don't say nothing at all.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
LOL momma always said. If ya ain't got nothin nice to say....Don't say nothing at all.
Sticks and stones lol. Just wanted to share the story anyways.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:31 AM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

usually if you feel something shaking you shouldnt push your car... something pretty big could have gone wrong... and well you know.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

OMMMMMMMMMM.....will not flame...........will NOT
Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drunkyoda
usually if you feel something shaking you shouldnt push your car... something pretty big could have gone wrong... and well you know.
Yeah... but during the heat of the moment, all logic leaves you. I've been babying her since and won't push her until I find out what's wrong. It felt like it was coming from the front of the car. It wasn't violently shaking/vibrating but it was enough to be noticeable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First post on SS