4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Pypes Vs SSS Exhaust

Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I really dont like how the 05+ stangs sound. I think its just the way the exhaust is setup with the mufflers being like dumped. Just gives it a weird kinda quality to it. But it definitely needs an o/r midpipe man.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM
TheFiver

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah, i had the Adrenaline's first and they sounded great. I just wanted them a little louder, so i got the Terminator's.

I'd love to see the vids when you get a chance.
I got the videos up. This is my first mustang and my first project car so I'm greatful that there is so much knowlege and valuable insight on this forum. Im glad i didn't go with the Bolas I almost did and I am sure they are awsome but these are definately worth the cost. Looks like you have put allot of work into yours! Do you think Xpipes would go well with these?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheFiver
I got the videos up. This is my first mustang and my first project car so I'm greatful that there is so much knowlege and valuable insight on this forum. Im glad i didn't go with the Bolas I almost did and I am sure they are awsome but these are definately worth the cost. Looks like you have put allot of work into yours! Do you think Xpipes would go well with these?
Well, since i have the terminators with long tubes and a hi flow catted h pipe, mine is very loud!

I recently tried a o/r x pipe, and it just plain crazy loud...lots of rasp and backfire on decel too!

I think the Adrenaline's would sound pretty good (i'm guessing of course) with a x pipe. Are you looking at a catted or off road x pipe?

Here is a clip of mine. The first one is with the catted h, and the second is with the o/r x. Keep in mind that it's way louder in person. The vid just doesn't pick up the deepness and sheer volumn of this setup

Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

where's the second vid!!! thats the one i wanna see!!! But it really sounds awesome man!!! I really like it!!! Now you make me wanna switch exhausts when i dont have the money to. Thanks a lot
Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
where's the second vid!!! thats the one i wanna see!!! But it really sounds awesome man!!! I really like it!!! Now you make me wanna switch exhausts when i dont have the money to. Thanks a lot
haha...sorry! It's all on that same clip. First is with the catted h, and the second is with the o/r x.

The o/r x sounds good in the clip, but it's just too damn loud (and i love it loud) and raspy in person.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I definitly like them both!!! Which is very unusual for me to like something with both an h pipe and an x. But they sound great both ways man.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I definitly like them both!!! Which is very unusual for me to like something with both an h pipe and an x. But they sound great both ways man.
Thanks! Yeah, the overall tone is good with either mid pipe, but the rasp (especially on decel) with the o/r x is just to much for me. The one setup i didn't get a clip of was back when i had the SSS Adrenaline mufflers with a o/r h (which is now my catted h) and long tubes. It wasn't as loud as the o/r x and Terminator's, but it still had too much rasp and pop for my liking.

The reason i went with the catted h is because the terminator mufflers are simply very small and unrestrictive. They're only 9" long and 3.5" in diameter. That's the same size diameter as my damn tail pipes...lol!

Last edited by mrtstang; 09-30-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

How poppy is it w/ the catted h??
Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
How poppy is it w/ the catted h??
It only pops a little on decel. Nothing bad though.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
TheFiver

Default SSS hangers

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah, i had the Adrenaline's first and they sounded great. I just wanted them a little louder, so i got the Terminator's.

I'd love to see the vids when you get a chance.
Did you have a problem with the hangers being kinda long? on my driverside I may have to cut a peice of the hanger so it doesnt rub against my bumper and vibrate. It just barely touches but its enough to be annoying. the intal recommend bending them but that would only lower the muffler. I measured it and that hanger is longer than the one of the passenger side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pypes Vs SSS Exhaust