Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Explain Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $12345000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): RI
Item Condition: Used

the Marketplace is a replacement for the Classified section here on MustangForums.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

I am talking about the old listings that were migrated over to the new forum. People more than likely did not put in their listing the information needed to search, cause they were posting in a S197 forum. Now you brought it all together and there is no way we can easily do a search for just S197 parts.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

i pm'd a mod but got no response... i hate what they are doing here
Old 04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Originally Posted by sdonaghey
I am talking about the old listings that were migrated over to the new forum. People more than likely did not put in their listing the information needed to search, cause they were posting in a S197 forum. Now you brought it all together and there is no way we can easily do a search for just S197 parts.
The required information for new threads has been in place for a while, they wouldn't have been able to submit a thread without including all the pertinent information.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
chrismakk69
1st Gear Member

It never ceases to amaze me how much people hate change. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the new format but once all the new listings come in and search gets updated I can see myself getting used to it. It's pretty intuitive - besides all you have to do is check off S197 and you will see everything for your car. No big deal.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:32 PM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chrismakk69
- besides all you have to do is check off S197 and you will see everything for your car. No big deal.
I see nothing when I check that except 2 things
Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

put it back!!! It was perfect before now it is just stupid.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

this is kinda dumb. Now instead of having a "part out" people are going to have to make 7 threads to effectively sell there items, making much more of a mess for people wanting to bump there stuff.

Combine that huge oversight with not allowing the item seller to lock or remove there own thread.

Now we have a huge jumble of extra posts, nobody likes, half cant find, and were going to have a ever expanding balloon of sold parts that cant be closed out.

We just took what was essentially a effective swap meet and turned it into a in-efficient sleez bay clone.

There isnt even a all option, say you want to see all of everything S197 now your seraching 13 times.

Also, you need to add a new and used or all setting there as well. If you want this to be anywhere near as effective as it was before, or better even, you need to make it easy to search say all of s197 for new and used. This section worked cause you could just see everything for sale and happen accross a great deal (like a swap meet) and now is more like a online retailer... If I wanted that feel, i would go to one.

Last edited by JDWalton; 04-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM
chrismakk69
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TotoGT06
I see nothing when I check that except 2 things
Weird, I see a whole list of things. Are you maybe adding other filters? All I did was check off S197 and click search..
Old 04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Combine that huge oversight with not allowing the item seller to lock or remove there own thread.

There isnt even a all option, say you want to see all of everything S197 now your seraching 13 times.

Also, you need to add a new and used or all setting there as well.
Were sellers traditionally able to open and close their own threads previously?

You can just click on S197, then search to see everything.

There is a new or used setting, you may need to 'show all search options' first though.

Quick Reply: Explain Please