Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Explain Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Default Explain Please

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $12345000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): RI
Item Condition: Used

Can someone please explain how the heck I'm supposed to use this new format?

I cant find any S-197 specific items at all. The combination of everything has effectively made this section useless.

Last edited by howarmat; 04-30-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:13 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

Yeah i am lost too
Old 04-29-2010, 06:55 AM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

There is a Show all search options on the left. Opening it up you can select S197 as your search criteria. Only problem is that it looks like when they converted over to this new format, they didn't set those boxes correctly for the stuff that was in the original S197 clasifieds section. If you select the S197 checkbox and just click on the search button, it just shows 2 items.

Big mistake!

I do not like lumping everything together in one area. The old way was a million times better!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

I agree completely!

I berated the changes immediately after they were instilled, and was told that this is only temporary until they can get it up and running.

Why they those to Beta test their system live instead of getting it all sorted and then dropping it on us, I guess we will never know.

If its still messed up by Saturday we can riot in the streets.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 AM
keeno
2nd Gear Member

Yes, this sucks! I will keep just stay with s197 forums and Corral until this mess is straightened out....
Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Originally Posted by sdonaghey
Only problem is that it looks like when they converted over to this new format, they didn't set those boxes correctly for the stuff that was in the original S197 clasifieds section.
We can only import threads which have been created under the new system. If they were posted under the old, you will need to use the standard search to find them. As this new system is in place longer, the listings will fill out.

We are working on a way to allow you to browse by product, or generation a little bit easier than it is currently.

As for why this is not perfect upon installation, this product does not come designed for the nuances of every forum. It's a standard thing that requires set up. I've done the best I can, but I'm human, and I'm not totally familiar with everything Mustang, so please bear with me.

Help me with constructive criticism, and we'll get things working smoothly.

cheers,
robb
Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 AM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to sound like an *** to Robb but this sucks terribly. I hate the way Moddedmustangs and stangnet have their classifieds. I very much prefered this sites original setup by just clicking your type of car. This doesnt make it any better in my eyes. Better to have people complaining about this new style then for everyone to be completely quiet about it
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

The problem is everyone has their own way of saying what their car is. Some say S197, S-197, 05-09, 2005-2009.

How do you expect us to find something, when we cannot figure out what to look for???

Originally Posted by Robb M.
We can only import threads which have been created under the new system. If they were posted under the old, you will need to use the standard search to find them. As this new system is in place longer, the listings will fill out.

We are working on a way to allow you to browse by product, or generation a little bit easier than it is currently.

As for why this is not perfect upon installation, this product does not come designed for the nuances of every forum. It's a standard thing that requires set up. I've done the best I can, but I'm human, and I'm not totally familiar with everything Mustang, so please bear with me.

Help me with constructive criticism, and we'll get things working smoothly.

cheers,
robb
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

you can search easily by using our predefined categories and model types. If you want more or less granularity, this is the place to express it.

The vehicles are built in generations/styles, I don't think that you need an exact year listing, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
unit91
3rd Gear Member

Question What's The Difference?

Is the MARKET PLACE the same as the Mustang Forums Classified postings, or does MARKET PLACE have some connection to eBay?

Quick Reply: Explain Please