Archive - Parts For Sale This section is divided into generation. Please post only in the generation to which your product applies.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits:

Location (State/Prov):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State/Prov):

Explain Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $12345000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: S197
Location (State/Prov): RI
Item Condition: Used

No, members have never been able to open and close their own threads...the reason being that this gave scammers the ability to make things vanish.

I dont understand what the difficulty is in searching for your generations parts...this seems much easier to me...if nothing else, it saves the keystrokes of typing things out.

"this new system sucks" isnt constructive. if you hate it, explain why or keep it to yourself...this is a much smoother system and once the growing pains are gone, everyone will love it.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
TotoGT06
2nd Gear Member

Default The buyer changed this, not the topic maker

All I did was check off S197 too with no other changes to the filter and yet nothing but 2 things that dont deal with a S197. Then I try to change the filter to other options and still BS. I COMPLETELY agree with JDWalton. It was much simpler to just click and see if there was a deal that was just posted that interested you. I thought we had this site built with the "SEARCH" button in the beginning for a reason, hell we flamed people who didnt use the search button. If people wanted a part so bad, you just used the original Search function in that subsection, not filter everything out of one big room. If they cant figure out how to use that or you get cramps in your hands from a couple words(this isnt your highschool or college term paper we are typing into the Search button) then they shouldnt use a computer

And no, you couldnt close an old topic you had created before so you would have to edit a post in the topic to say SOLD! or file a complaint about your topic to the admin to have him close it.
The only thing this has done for me know is eliminated my "mod bug" from here. Glad most of the people here with a S197 also post their classifieds on S197forums.com where you can eff that up

I feel like Im buying things from ebay now with the filters. Someone should get a poll going of who likes, dislikes, and has no side for this new setup. SO far it looks like 2 for likes, 10 dislikes, and 1 who has no side

WITH THAT BEING SAID

The only improvement I do like is the listing of the location and price being listed at the beginning of each page so that we dont have to go back to page 1(although even when I go to write a new post or edit a post it lets me change all that info even when Im not the sellerI have demonstrated by changing it on the top and Im not the topic maker). Also it should be REQUIRED that you have pictures within 24hrs of posting or you get your post deleted.

Last edited by TotoGT06; 04-29-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: PROBLEM WITH THIS FORMAT
Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

Toto, I dont follow. I selected 'used" and S197...it looks like everything on the first page is for an 05+...
Old 04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i just did it too...but i see there is a flaw. It only shows 1 page of ads and there have to be more than 1 page of listings back only to the 27th....this system has go results back to mid month and non of those are showing up. Something isnt working right.

i do have to say you all are idiots if you dont think this will work once that is fixed.

You list an add for s197, appearance

then someone looking for a bumper can select s197, exterior body parts and look thru. They can also use keyword bumper.

How is that not easy?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:25 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I would typically browse through the ads, looking for a good deal, not necessarily a certain part in particular. With that being said, I liked being able to see every S197 part for sale at one time, rather than checking each sub-section out or having to change multiple filters. I do, however, really like the fact that the prices and other information are listed outside of the actual thread.

It's not that there's more mouse-clicking, necessarily, it's just different. I vote aye.

Last edited by ejanderson05gt; 04-29-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

wow...this blew up.

I would love to use the search/filter thingy you guys keep talking about. Um, there isn't anything there though. Each time I load the main classifieds/marketplace page I see a quick flash of something that looks like search forms, and then it disappears and the screen does some resizing action.

happens in IE and Firefox. Not sure what is going on.

maybe it won't be 1/2 bad if I can ever get that search function. I still won't be a fan however. The similarity of this new format and the horrendous mess that eBay has become is too scary.
I know you guys who are Mods are doing this voluntarily, or are employees of IB and I appreciate your efforts. But each time IB comes out with a new idea, or some method to scare up some $$$, they permeate the entire forum scene with stuff that isn't exactly the best. They've ruined one of my favorite F-150 forums, and now looks like their sights are set on "bettering" MF

edit: and the sad thing is that I'm a paid member of that F-150 site
Old 04-29-2010, 04:51 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Tylus, I don't know if the issues are with your browser or not, but, for what it's worth, Chrome works perfectly. I tried with Firefox and it did something like what I believe happened to you.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

tylus this is what it looks like

When its hidden

when its active
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
i do have to say you all are idiots if you dont think this will work once that is fixed.

:
Maybe not everyone is the intellectual giant that you apparently are. Mod or not, you come across as quite an *** in alot of your post. Is it really necessary?

I am not seeing any search/sort function either. This new set up may be easier to sort and search for a specific item whenever it gets fixed, but it sounds like the issue most people are bringing up is that fact that they dont want to search each section for parts. It was smoother to select the body style (fox, sn 95/new edge, s197) and see everything available for that model.

Granted, that may not be an issue when its fixed as the system may work that way. So I wont comment on that until the search/sort feature is fixed.

EDIT: I do see the search now, but only get 2 parts for the s197. That and a bunch of ebay links. Also, the search function only comes up inside an add, not on the "main" page.

EDIT 2: Now the search function is not showing up at all. I see where it is from Matt's post, but it is not on my screen now. It was a few minutes ago. There is no arrow to click to hide/show it.

Last edited by bluovalguy; 04-29-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

I liked the old way much better. Now it takes me way to long to track down what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Explain Please