Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with Dealer and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Issue with Dealer and warranty

Car wash was my first thought, BTW, DC Metro area.... I-81?, where you at, I go up and down I-81 every day, I work in Chantilly, And which dealer?
I must not have been clear in my post. If it was just the antennna sure no big deal. The probelm is the mount inside the front fender. They claim to fix it would require a fill and redrill of of the hole. It is not a simple $10 thing or I never would have cared.

DC Metro area.... I-81?, where you at, I go up and down I-81 every day, I work in Chantilly, And which dealer?
I used to live in Chantillly, now I am in Loudoun County. I go 81 when I take trips Stuanton and such. The delaer IS Jerry's Ford Lincoln Mercury in Leesburg, VA.

If I was the manager, I'd rather loose a few bucks in antenna repair, than not have you come back when it's time to replace your mustang.
Exactly right, I was always a flag waving American car guy, buying Fords for the past 15 years. Over the years I have bought 8 Fords in my household. There is a lot more to the story, but this was the proverbial stick that broke the camel's back. I am pretty pissed about this and the lady agrees with me; time to look elsewhere to purchase a car. I should not have to argue about such stupid things with a car dealer. If they want to foster this general sense of apathy througout the organization, so be it. They can "not care" their way right of business. Once upon a time they used to claim quality is job one.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

Definately an unfortunate situation to say the least, but these threads are all based on the "see things from my perspective" premise but rarely are the same people willing to see things from the dealer/maker perspective. Anyone else here have an issue with the antenna breaking? Didn't think so. Soooo, if antennas are not known to fail easily and you show up to the dealer with the antenna removed saying that the wind blew it off.......I would call your bluff as well. Do you have your oil changed at the dealer? Would you go there for ANYTHING but warranty work? Didn't think so. Why on earth should they either try to scam the maker or take a cash loss for a customer that provides them no incentive? However, if that is your purchasing dealer we are talking about - they should at least butter you up with some lube tickets if you agree to pay for the repair. It sucks, but you can't expect a dealer/maker to pay for something that is VERY likely the result of impact or vandalism.
Well if your assumptions were true I would see your point. That said, this is the delaer I purchaed from the last two times. They had been getting my business for oil changes, PM, and such. In the past 2 years I have spent something like $70,000 with them. So there is incentive for them to go an extra step. I just wanted to know if other people had similar issues, sounds like no. My patience has run out and I will be bummed to give her up, but the car is not worth the aggravation it causes.

For the record, my aggravation has nothing to do with the money. If I had broken the stupid thing I would have problem paying for it. The issue is one of honor and common respect.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

I bought mine from Jerry's as well, over the labor day sale. The guys up front havebeen especially nice to me, especially Neil Valis, the salesman I delt with, he and I are both former Marines. The rest of the dealership sucks, esp service. They could care less what you do. Since I have moved up to WVA, I am going to check outa dealer up there, maybe one of the smaller town guys will be a bit nicer.

And as far as the car wash assumption, I did understand it was the mount(base) for the antenna, I have seen some pretty violent car washes in my time and had to repair damage from them in the body shop. That is why I thought that, maybe one of the flying rag types, can pull the mount right out of the fender, I have seen it happen. If you end up having to pay to have the fender pulled and get it fixed, I reccomend shaving the fender mount and putting a hidden one on. Good luck on this one.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Well with that in mind I agree that they are being unreasonable.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

I reccomend shaving the fender mount and putting a hidden one on
I agree, the other two options I have considered are pulling the whole thing, fill the whole and have a clean line. Or, get a power antenna. I really never use the regualr radio anyway, the satellite stuff is much better. The other thing is I may say screw it all because I like riding the Harley more anyway and I can get a beater for when it is cold/rainy.