V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Quiz
1st Gear Member

Default Traction Control

My buddy have a 2001 Ford mustang v6 but it have traction control switch on/off

Most of the rides that ive been looking for past month dont have traction control on/off switch

I just got a 2004 Ford Mustang 3.8l 5 speed with no Traction Control Switch on/off

is this a performance add on?

what is my car ? always traction on ? i havnt really driving the car home yet untill few more hours ..

let me know what i need to do !

thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Redneck97
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Traction Control

you type like a robot......Traction controll just limits your wheel spin. It's usually used for rain/snow so you dont fish tail and wreck.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Quiz
1st Gear Member

Thanks for responding .

i know what it means ... but how can i have the traction control OFF while i want it too ?

So this car wont able to let me do Little Drifting,Burnouts ?

what can i do to let me allowed to on/off the traction control ?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

You don't have traction control at all. you have an open diff, so no big drifts or burnouts.

Turning it on is if you can't drive in adverse conditions, but you don't have it to turn on, so it doesn't matter anyway.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Quiz
1st Gear Member

so ur saying there is no parts or add ons for something wtih traction control ? i mean im willing to spend more to get traction control on/off ... right now here is winter so im storage it in the garage untill spring...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Quiz

My buddy have a 2001 Ford mustang v6 but it have traction control switch on/off

Most of the rides that ive been looking for past month dont have traction control on/off switch

I just got a 2004 Ford Mustang 3.8l 5 speed with no Traction Control Switch on/off

is this a performance add on?

what is my car ? always traction on ? i havnt really driving the car home yet untill few more hours ..

let me know what i need to do !

thanks
Traction control was an option on all mustangs 99-04, especially the V6. 03 and 04 GT's had it incorporated as part of the premium package but you still paid for it as part of the "package". I don't believe you can have traction control without ABS as the ABS rings serve double duty for both the brakes and traction system.

Traction control just means the car cuts the gas and even applies the brakes when it sensesa wheel or wheels are spinning freely. If it didn't come from the factory with TCS (Traction Control System) don't bother. Not only will you have to swap your PCM, you will also have to have an ABS system installed which means a whole new setup from the master cylinder down to the spindles. The calipers are the same though.

Since you do not have the TCS option there is no point in getting a "button" for the option because it does not exist on your car.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

you dont want or need traction control either. i curse my car for having it it doesnt do anything but **** me off cuz i keep forgetting to turn it off. if you strongly feel that bad that you need traction control to drive just sell your car now cuz i guarantee your gonna wreck it.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:27 PM
NorCalMustang
1st Gear Member

So do the cars without traction control not have ABS either?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

From what I understand it was a package deal, since you can't have TC without ABS.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
20Mustang00
1st Gear Member

mine doesn't have either... hate it too... anytime there is loose dirt on the road, snow or ice... or corn... (like the other day)... my tires lock up and i just go sliding along to a stop.......

Quick Reply: Traction Control