5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox

Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

Default kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox

is anyone running a kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox body mustang ? need feed back/information on this. what is some of the correct supporting mods to go with it? this is street driven, not just a drag car. let the information begin. thanks.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
bouchermb
4th Gear Member

Default RE: kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox

What mods do you currently have. I don't have a Kenne Belle, but do have an SC and first things first, you need a larger FP and Inj.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Fuel pumpi got a 255 walbro and injectors i got 36ers. Unless you are only planning on running 6 psi on a stock engine then you can use there fmu. Same thing goes for there boost a pump with a stock pump. Adjustable regulator i recommend accufab i got an aeromotive and it hitsthe supercharger.Aftermarket maf i got an lmaf. 70mm throttle body. Mickey thompsons and tubular control arms to hook. A good tune. I got one on my 94.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

this is for 93 gt 5.0. currently have the trick flow kit{h/c/i] 24lb.inj/65tb/76mam/ fuel pressure reg/.
ORIGINAL: bouchermb

What mods do you currently have. I don't have a Kenne Belle, but do have an SC and first things first, you need a larger FP and Inj.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Well im doing the heads and cam in my car gt40s and steeda cam at 10psi and thats the setup im running.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:13 PM
bouchermb
4th Gear Member

I have a walbro 255, a T-rex ext. FP, 42 lb. inj, and it's interesting because I have an aeromotive AFPR and had the same problem with clearance, but was able to make it work. I went with a 70 mm TB, egr delete, becuz the egr wouldn't clear the valve covers and a Pro M MAF, but this wasn't until I did the 347.

I think you'd be fine with a 190 lph FP, depending upon how much boost you'll be running. I'd assume you still have a stock block, right?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:21 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

[see some of my mods above ].what i am trying to do is get a list of parts that i will have to replace with out wasting $$$. i guess i need to list all my mods such as cooling/ehaust/rearend/ignition/etc. but at the moment i just wanted to see if my trickflow heads/cam/intake with the 24 ers/ 65 accufab/accufab adj.fuel pressue regulater/76 c&l ma can be used. would like to know if you are pleased with your set up? what would you change if you did it again? thanks.
ORIGINAL: Mustangkiler

Fuel pumpi got a 255 walbro and injectors i got 36ers. Unless you are only planning on running 6 psi on a stock engine then you can use there fmu. Same thing goes for there boost a pump with a stock pump. Adjustable regulator i recommend accufab i got an aeromotive and it hitsthe supercharger.Aftermarket maf i got an lmaf. 70mm throttle body. Mickey thompsons and tubular control arms to hook. A good tune. I got one on my 94.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

youll need a gt-40 lower intake
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Mustangkiler
5th Gear Member

Ya i made my regulator work too, if i could do it again id of gotten 42lbers just to be on the safe side, i havent finished putting it back together yet, but i was pleased with just the supercharger on a stock engine. Everything you got could work except for the injectors, but if you want you could rub the fmu with your 24lbers and could probably get by depending on the boost you plan to run but gettin 42lbers is the right way to do it. The intake opening is 70mm thats why i suggest that size throttle body but you could use a 65.I would get rid of that c and l meter there junk and it will peg get a pro m or a lmaf or sct big air depending on the chip being used. Ignition wise get a msd coil. Exhaust and cooling you shouldnt have any problems. Just will need to upgrade tires and control arms and get some subframe connectors. Also upgrade your clutch but im sure you already have. I am curious to see how my aode holds up though after i get it all back together its only stock with a shift kit. Also there pulley equation is wrong i had to run a 9 psi pulley to make 6 psi and then with heads and cam it will throw it off even more. Yes you will need a gt40 lower. Also make sure you hook your regulator up on the boost side.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

my mods are trick flow twisted wedge,[tfs]h/c/i, [cam is i 221 e 225 @50*,lift int 499 ex510, 112 lobe sep.],accufab adj.fuel pressure reg. & gauge,accufab 65 tb & spacersford motorsports idle air adj.,c&l 76 maf. with pipe,moroso cold air&cone filter,ford motorsports 24 lb.inj. ford motorsports spark plugs& plug wires, tfs.3/8" stud mt.1.6 alumin.adj. roller rockers, tfs. one piece push rods & guide plates,valve covers,oil fill spout,fel-pro gaskets,asp bolts,summit true roller timing set,napa lifetime water pump, alumin.radiator,black majic extreme elec. fan& shroud,msd 6al ignition box,msd coil,msd distributer,mac shorty headers,h-pipe,mac 3" cat back,steeda tri ax shifter,ford motorsport alum. driveshaft, full length sub-frame connecters,upper/lower control arms,ford racing [fr]3.73 gears,fr.clutches,fr bearings,fr seals, fr spacers & shims,. the transmission is stock & the 5.0 bottom end is stock.this is all i can think of right now. i have probably made some errors in this but can correct them if needed . is it worth the $$$$$ to have the kenne bell ported/polished ? iwant to run around 8lbs boost.now anyone giving me advece can refer to this list & tell me what needs replacing and with what parts. will provide more information if needed. thanks for your advice, i appreciate it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox