Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2000 Ford Mustang Stereo Install - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:26 PM
baibbas
1st Gear Member

Default 2000 Ford Mustang Stereo Install - Help!

Ok, my cassette player finally died on my system, so I figured it was time to purchase a new stereo system...nothing fancy schmanzy, just something I can hook my Ipod up to and not have to hassle with CDs anymore.

I got the radio removal tool and removed the radio from the top of the console and the CD player from the bottom (in front of the shifter)...

I got a Jensen MP6312i stereo system because it came with an IPod connector.

I bought a wiring harness kit for the Mustang and wired it to the wires that went with the stereo. I hooked it up to my car, turned the stereo on, and no sound came out of the speakers.

I'm attaching two pictures..one of the back of the old stereo as I'm unsure where two particular wires are supposed to go on the new unit if the do at all..the metal clip on the back of the old stereo and the 6-pin connector on the back of the old stereo.

The other pic is the wires that go from the new stereo to the car stereo wires.

Can someone help me out? The stereo powers on just fine, it's the speakers I get no sound out of.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
baibbas
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 2000 Ford Mustang Stereo Install - Help!

Bump..I really need some help on this please.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

ok first off I want to take a quick second to help you with your connections. Twist nuts are a general wiring "no-no" because they can be pulled apart when you go to insert it into the dash. At the VERY least please put a wire-tie on the hrns to help prevent pulling them apart.

Now the easy fix... See the blue wires(and blue/white)? connect them and you will have bass as well as possibly a turn on "pop" to announce that the amps are on. The ford radio puts out a 6v remote turn on where all other decks provide a 12v. The popping does not really hurt anything but there is a topic in the forum sticky that covers how to fix it.

What do you have planned next to install. page 2 of my sig covers the mach system in my 94 gt
Old 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

oh, the metal clip is nothing more then a ground that they sometimes use for other factory accesories. Nothing to worry about.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

also if there is a black/white, ground it and also make sure you insulate all the wires you are not using. IF the orange wires ground out you will loose your dash lights.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:43 PM
baibbas
1st Gear Member

Thanks! I connected the blue wires and insulated all the others and the stereo works fine now. Much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Korb

Default RE: 2000 Ford Mustang Stereo Install - Help! 6 PIN INFO

I know this has been resolved but I will answer the question about the 6PIN Connector,

The 6 pin connector (C279) is for models with "Premium Sound" plus the Ford CD player below the deck.

Here are the pinouts if anyone needs them

PIN CIRCUIT FUNCITON
1 849(TAN) Logic Sense
2 799(ORNG/BLK) RT CHAN Signal Out
3 690(GRAY) RT CHAN Signal In
4 848(DARK GRN/ORANG) Proccesr Loop SIG Return
5 798(LIGHT GRN/RED) LT CHAN Signal Out
6 865(PURPLE) LT CHAN Signal In

Originally Posted by baibbas
Ok, my cassette player finally died on my system, so I figured it was time to purchase a new stereo system...nothing fancy schmanzy, just something I can hook my Ipod up to and not have to hassle with CDs anymore.

I got the radio removal tool and removed the radio from the top of the console and the CD player from the bottom (in front of the shifter)...

I got a Jensen MP6312i stereo system because it came with an IPod connector.

I bought a wiring harness kit for the Mustang and wired it to the wires that went with the stereo. I hooked it up to my car, turned the stereo on, and no sound came out of the speakers.

I'm attaching two pictures..one of the back of the old stereo as I'm unsure where two particular wires are supposed to go on the new unit if the do at all..the metal clip on the back of the old stereo and the 6-pin connector on the back of the old stereo.

The other pic is the wires that go from the new stereo to the car stereo wires.

Can someone help me out? The stereo powers on just fine, it's the speakers I get no sound out of.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

wow, thanks, what would we have done with out you? There are a number of other posts where we helped somebody out 6 months ago, you should like it here.....
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

Your first post ever and you bring up something from Jan......I have to give it to him, he used that little SEARCH button up top atleast...

Quick Reply: 2000 Ford Mustang Stereo Install - Help!