4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Best lowering springs and caster camber plates for the money ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

deff not the H&R's SS's with stock struts and shocks lol
Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IHeartMyMach1
I'm in the same boat except I believe "you get what you pay for".. Between Steeda, h&r, and ford racing, what's the closes to OEM ride quality?

Okay, I get it....you want a car an inch lower that still handles like a rowboat and does little or nothing for handling. Go with FR springs.

lulz
Old 07-28-2009, 06:54 PM
IHeartMyMach1

Originally Posted by POISND U
Okay, I get it....you want a car an inch lower that still handles like a rowboat and does little or nothing for handling. Go with FR springs.

lulz
I just don't want springs that gets the car bouncy.. If that makes any sense
Old 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

That's what shocks and struts control.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

H&R or Steeda for springs, MM or Steeda for CC plates.
plus juan!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
nickel417
2nd Gear Member

H&R SS Spring FTW
MM CC Plates FTW

no less
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Ke^in

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
If you don't want an extreme drop, can't beat Ford Racing springs price/quality
That's what I am going to do. 1.25 inch drop. Not even enough to warrant CC plates. If you aren't dropping it more than 1.5/2.0 don't bother with CC plates. Just get a decent alignment. I want to drop mine, but not a ton. Too many pot-holes around here and mine is a D.D.

Anything 1.5 -2.0 or more, CC plates are needed. Maybe even a bumpster setup as well. The more you drop it, the more $$ it's going to get.
In my experience, lowering springs are usually STIFFER. Which causes LESS bounce. Now, there are people that simply CUT their springs instead of buying proper lowering springs. THESE WILL bounce.

Last edited by Ke^in; 07-29-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in

In my experience, lowering springs are usually STIFFER. Which causes LESS bounce. Now, there are people that simply CUT their springs instead of buying proper lowering springs. THESE WILL bounce.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
95boostang
2nd Gear Member

i had these springs on my mach 1 they were awsome, had mm camber plates also http://www.optionimports.com/hrliedspfomu.html
Old 07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Ke^in

q
You don't know what you're talking about.
Uh... sure I do. CC are not NEEDED if you aren't dropping it more than 1.5" I've even seen people with 2" drop that didn't require plates. CC plates are there when a regular alignment just wont do the trick when lowering your car.

I've been involved with many a lowering project in the 36 odd years I've been alive. A lot of times just getting a proper alignment after installing springs on a car that hasn't been lowered more than 1.5/2.0" will give the car the proper stance. Anymore and the car will have problems. I've seen kids get CC plates when they didn't even need them. Just because someone on a web forum told them they are REQUIRED when lowering your car ANY amount. This is simply not true.

For example:

Lowering FAQ

1. Will Lowering my car Require me to buy CC (Caster/Camber) plates?
Not Always. When lowering a car up to 2" you are not REQUIRED to get the CC plates. More than 2" it will be very difficult if not impossible to get the car properly alligned. Some places can get extended bolts and such to make the alignment work, but CC plates are the preferred alternative.

I was being carful and said 1.5" I wouldn't go more than 1.5" without getting them.

Anyone getting the Ford 1.25 springs, should not have to use CC plates. That doesn't mean they wont have to, there are freaks. But for the most part, no.

I myself have no reason to lower it anymore than that. The potholes around here are bad. Being that's the case, I am not going to waste money on a CC kit because someone on the internets told me I needed it when I didn't.

In EVERY SINGLE write-up about the late model Mustang's suspension, it claims this. Unless you are saying they are wrong as well?

BTW if anyone wants to read a kick-*** suspension guide..

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ion-guide.html

Last edited by Ke^in; 07-29-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Best lowering springs and caster camber plates for the money ?