Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

The Retail price of the Complete kit with any tint option is 1999.00.. Again, no body mods, no paint work, no cutting, even the trim clip tabs remain in place. Keep in mind, if you dont have to do body mods, you wont have the inevitible cracking that appears when you fill in the channels to fill the body in. It installs in about 3 hours, and is reversible in the same time frame.

When and if the lines of product comes out, early interest will get the kits for 1500 dollars. I will also be looking for guinee pigs to test the product and give me feed back. The Guinee pig vehicles will get the product for free, and the vehicle will be used in our ad and catalog campaign.. I have 4 Vehicle at SEMA coming up this year, all are guinee pig vehicles. We are going to use regular guy build cars to market our products, and also give us feed back.

So, if the interest is here.. I will come to this forum looking for vehicle that I will send free product for immediate installation. And will also offer the members of this site the 500 dollar discount price.

Just looking for a head count and overall opinion of possible interest.. So, it is up to you guys if Classic Auto Glass Innovations moves forward with the Ford line of products..

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 08-31-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
hiboostwoody
3rd Gear Member

I'm in. As soon as it's available (note my optimism here) let me know so I can order.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

you can use my for a guinea pig
Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
gibsonxplayer88
2nd Gear Member

if you're looking for someone to be a guinea pig for the coupe's i would definitely be interested in testing it for you, I've wanted to do a flush mount windshield for quite some time now.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

When we reach that stage, I will start a Guinee Pig Thread asking for submission and pics.. I have done this in the past, and it is a win/win for everyone. I got the Red Camaro in the Classic Industries Catalog, and the owner was tickled because he probably wouldnt have gotten in anywhere..LOL

So until then, lets see how this thread goes.. If the interest appears to be there, Classic Auto Glass Innovations will move forward.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I think it looks bad ***. I have always liked that look. I'd be interested but shipping to Alaska will be very spendy.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

Is that your complete kit above? What did you do for trim around the inside?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Iamtheonlyreal1

You dont have to do anything to the inside, it isnt noticable. If you notice the grey foam rolls in the kit, those are used to keep a clean urethane barrier. You dont have to modify you flange, interior trim pieces, nothing.. Here are a couple of inside pics from the Camaro..

These Glass's are the prototype pics and do not have the Dot Mattrix pattern on the outer edge of the black out. So, the black out is actually a bit smaller on the production glasses. Please note the outer weatherstrip in these pics are barely over 3/8" wide, they look larger with the close up pics.

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 09-01-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I have seen one of the camaros at a car show with his kit the glass and trim looked oem most wouldn't know unless you told them.Yeah the early f body is up there but the mustang is a close 2nd.What about a one piece window for the 64-68 cars we have had people ask if there is a kit.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Hey Andrew...What area was the Car Show at? Just curious as to which car you had seen.. Only a handful of my customers have their cars ready, and alot more being finished in the months to come.. Just wondering if I know which car...

I work with these Flush Mount Glass Kits all day long, and I have to look at an original car to remind me the new kit isnt factory. All the new cars have moved this direction years ago, so it just seems natural when you see the kit installed in person.. Also clue me in on the Glass Mod you are talking about for the 64-68, and I can see what I can get done...

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 09-01-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flush Mount Glass Kits for Early Fastbacks, anyone?