Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purple Mustangs???

Old 07-21-2005, 07:33 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Default Purple Mustangs???

What's the deal? I've see a few purple, yes, purple Mustangs in my area. I know it's not a custom paint job because I've seen several of them, and I doubt that many people would be getting a brand new car painted the same color. I wondered if it could be Sonic Blue, but it's way to dark to be Sonic Blue and the shade is all wrong.

Ford doesn't list purple as an available color. What gives?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Purple Mustangs???

I think you are seeing the Sonic Blue...it is a dark purple when the right light hits it. Its very simular to Honda's Illiusion Blue color on their bikes, one time you look at it you'd swear it was a purple bike the next its very blue. Certian times of the day one side of my Sonic Blue looks very purple where its parked by the house.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Must be one hell of a shine job on those mustangs!
Old 07-21-2005, 08:27 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Also the other odd thing if you look very close at a Sonic Blue right after its been waxed you can see the metallic blue looking paint.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:34 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I think you are seeing sonic blue. Mine is sonic blue it does look purplel under certain lighting conditions.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

wildabouthorses Date 7/21/2005 6:16:18 PM
I think you are seeing the Sonic Blue...it is a dark purple when the right light hits it. Its very simular to Honda's Illiusion Blue...
It does deem like Sonic Blue changes color depending on the light. And Mineral Gray will look gray sometimes, while other times it will have a brown hue to it. A very cool feature in my opinion. So guess which two colors Ford decides to drop? Not for me to second guess. I'm actually happy with Ford dropping Mineral Gray - it will make mine more unique in the years to come (and I plan to keep mine for years to come!).
Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Yes I noticed that about mineral gray also. Mineral grey was high on my list when I was deciding on the color for my GT. I like it for the same reason. It seems to look different under different lighting conditions. It has "character". I have no idea why Ford is dropping sonic blue and mineral grey for 06. I guess it will make any 05's that were made in these colors unique. First year of this body style and only year for these colors.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Yeh sonic blue does change color in the sunlight although I wouldnt say it looked purple.

Its a shame they are ditching the sonic blue as before this color I have never liked blue cars before - however, after sonic blue it has kinda opened me up to the idea of getting a blue car one day!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:28 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Well, I guess it must be Sonic Blue.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:57 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have a Sonic Blue and a Mineral Gray GT. I guess I will be double unique since both colors were dropped from the 06 line up. After I wash my Sonic Blue GT, it appears to have a purple tint in certain areas depending on how the light hits it. The Mineral Gray one seems to have a brown tint to it especially when the sun is setting and it the scenery in the background has a little brown or green in it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Purple Mustangs???