4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SCT 4 Bank "Switch" Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT 4 Bank "Switch" Question

So I went ahead and bought the SCT 4-bank eliminator chip. Got it from American Muscle a few weeks ago. Anyone run this?

I haven't installed yet. My question is, how do you make sense of the cheesy little selector dial switch that comes with chip. Instructions state: running the wrong tune can damage engine. The switch has no reference as to what is what. It just clicks in circles and never reaches one side or the other. Nothing to say where No.1, No.2, No.3, etc, is...

Instructions explain on how to install chip, not a stinking word on the switch. One would think for 270 freaking bucks, SCT would provide a decent selector switch.

Anybody? Kinda wishing I would of got the SF3/X3 model...
Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Yes, I own one. On my switch I have a dial and a numbers 0-6. 0 does nothing. 1 is my race tune. 2 is my performance tune. 3 is my street tune. 4 is stock tune. And 5 and 6 can be security tunes or custom slots (but they come blank).

When I got my sct chip from AM & BAMA they send me a instructions and really broke things down for me. Explaining what each number represents n such.

Switching between tunes is easy. You should only change the dial when the car ignition is off. Never when the car is running.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you got anymore questions.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Yes, I own one. On my switch I have a dial and a numbers 0-6. 0 does nothing. 1 is my race tune. 2 is my performance tune. 3 is my street tune. 4 is stock tune. And 5 and 6 can be security tunes or custom slots (but they come blank).

When I got my sct chip from AM & BAMA they send me a instructions and really broke things down for me. Explaining what each number represents n such.
Yeah, mine is exactly as yours. Tunes are in same numerical positions. However, mine didn't come with any numbers. Nothing that says dial is currently in "x" position.

Example, there is no little "dot" on the **** of the dial. It arrived pointing toward where the cable will connect to dial. But is this position No.1 or No.6? Could be No.3 or No.5... Keeping track of position it arrived, I tried turning dial **** one way, then the other. Seeing if it would stop turning one way or the other. If **** would of hit stops, it would be easier to reference their positions. But, **** just keeps turning in circles.

I could just install chip, leave dial where it is, and go from there. If it doesn't start, I guess I would be in No.0, No.5, or No.6 positions. Better fill up with 93 octane in case dial happens to be in No.3, race tune, position. Or maybe I should call BAMA and tell them I didn't receive any numbers...?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
sonicx
speed'n

You attached the dial and have it point to number #4 first (stock). Install it, turn on the car w/ #4. Turn off the car. Now, you have your starting point. From here you may more the dial to the custom tunes.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for your help sonicx. I was about to upload a couple pictures of my switch when my digital camera picked up something I did not notice before. There are very tiny numbers on baseplate under the **** on the switch. I looked at that stupid switch 20 times and just now noticed them under the "v" groove in ****.

I feel much better now...lol

One more question, you notice any major difference after installing? My list of mods isn't real impressive. Basically a CAI and full exhaust. The rest are purely cosmetic. Also, where is a good place to mount switch and a good way to attach it?

Probably never afford F/I, but next tax return, I would like to do stage 2 cams, bigger T/B, and 100 shot juice...

Last edited by MyGt03; 05-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM
sonicx
speed'n

If you have an auto, then you'll notice that your shift points will be firmed up quite a bit. If you have a 5spd not so much unless you talked directly to a Bama tuner b4 and asked for an aggressive tuning chip (they'll do it) but you gotta ask for it. (JUST BASED OFF YOUR FEW MODS).

As for location, I had ordered a coin bezel too (but they ran out of them & i never got one). Now you can't find it anywhere But want I did was run the cable from the computer housing box right underneath the main consuel and up into the coin hold anyways and just left the coin holder in (your going to need a few zip ties to hold things in place). That way if I needed to change to a different tune I could just pull out the coin holder, do it, and put it back away.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 AM
sonicx
speed'n

@MYGT03: You wouldn't happen to know where I could get a coin bezel holder? I've been searching for about a year. After AM discontinued it so did the only other online company that i've seen sell them. (Thought I'd at least ask)