1A Auto Parts From your restoration project to your daily driver 1A Auto Parts carries the right parts for you. We offer high quality aftermarket direct replacement parts for your vehicle.

Check This Out! Tire Plug Repair Kit

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 AM
1ATony
Former Sponsor

Default Check This Out! Tire Plug Repair Kit

1aauto now offer this cool tire plug repair kit. For anyone that's ever used one of these kits. They work AWESOME!

Great item to keep handy in your glove box, because you never know when you'll you might run over a nail.

THESE WILL WORK ON ANY VEHICLE

VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR CURRENT PRICING ON THIS PRODUCT. FREE SHIPPING!

1AAUTO.COM TIRE PLUG KIT
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 PM
youngfalcon

Yes they will work for a while. But I and others have later experienced separation of the tread which will cause a noticeable bump prior to the tire coming apart. I would only use it in an emergency or on an older tire and neither if planning on doing some highway driving.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:56 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Considering most people don't keep an inflation device in their car why not offer a package deal? Not that I'd ever trust those things.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by youngfalcon
Yes they will work for a while. But I and others have later experienced separation of the tread which will cause a noticeable bump prior to the tire coming apart. I would only use it in an emergency or on an older tire and neither if planning on doing some highway driving.
You guys must not be doing something quite right.

I've been plugging tires off and on over at least 25 years and I've never had that happen, or even anything close. And I've run on my own plug-repaired tires in daily driving, on trips, over rough pavement, at autocrosses, and even for some road course track time at speeds all the way up into the low 1-twenties . . . all with no issues whatsoever. One of my "3-season" 255/45-18 Goodyears has been plugged for about four years. Blind luck isn't going to be that consistent.

Norm
Old 11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
You guys must not be doing something quite right.

I've been plugging tires off and on over at least 25 years and I've never had that happen, or even anything close. And I've run on my own plug-repaired tires in daily driving, on trips, over rough pavement, at autocrosses, and even for some road course track time at speeds all the way up into the low 1-twenties . . . all with no issues whatsoever. One of my "3-season" 255/45-18 Goodyears has been plugged for about four years. Blind luck isn't going to be that consistent.

Norm
Agreed, I've plugged both auto and motorcycle tires with similar kits and the repair lasts until the tire is worn out. I did have one case on my motorcycle where the plug began to leak again a few thousand miles later, but it was a slow leak like the original puncture was. I just re-plugged it and had no further issues.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

My 2012 did not come with a spare tire...just fixaflat and an airpump.fiaxaflat will ruin the air pressure sensor so I've plugged mine. My nitto 555s are extremely difficut to plug...don't think I could do it on the side of the road.