4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

FoMoCo01's Mineral Grey Build Post

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
FoMoCo01

Default FoMoCo01's Mineral Grey Build Post

Hey guys, wasn't sure where to put my build post so I'm sorry If this is in the wrong section but here it is...

My name is Chris, and ill be 21 years old later this month. I work as a tech at a small mustang tuning/repair shop in Broomfield, Colorado. I've got a 2001 mustang gt that I've been modding for quite some time but just started on my build about a year and a half ago. The car was my first car that I bought from my mom when I was in high school. Of coarse since I was a teenager and wanted a fast car I started throwing bolt ons at it but that wasn't doing much for the car. I went to automotive school and got my job at the shop I work at now and started realizing that drag racing wasn't my thing. I put the car in storage and started planning my build for the car. I didn't want just a normal build of just swapping in an engine with a ridiculous amount of power and no supporting mods so I decided to build the car for road coarses. First off I started with suspension and brakes, then the interior, and finally moving to the engine. With that being said here's the current list of mods.

ENGINE: stock engine, bolt ons, comp stage 1 cams, kooks long tubes, o/r x

SUSPENSION: maximum motorsports full road race suspension, torsen t2r rear dif, 3.73's, cobra brakes all around

INTERIOR: kirkey road race seats, mm 6 point roll bar, custom radio delete, crow 5 point harness, rear seat delete

IN PROGRESS: deciding on a good sounding catback (had slp lm1's before), personal pole position steering wheel, airbag deletes, new tires, tiger racing hood, cf trunk lid, possible cobra r splitter (undecided), MMR mod 900 short block, trick flow 2v heads, cms boost cams, kenne bell 2.6h, tko500, spec stage 3 clutch

FUEL SYSTEM: cobra tank, twin aeromotive stealth 340's, pprv delete, frpp 60#'s, e85

I'm lookin for about 550 at the wheels up here at this altitude. Thanks for checking out my build and let me know what you think!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Looking good man. I always love the look of the spoiler delete. Nice choice on the rear dif...I ran that same model before in my blown ranger and LOVED it. I think with that list of goodies you will have one mean ride. Should have no trouble handing vette's their *** on a road coarse.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Very good looking project car, you should be proud.