Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Swaybars and Shocks and Brakes, Oh My...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Quicker10u

Fantastic..Thanks guys...This has certainly cleared some things up... Sam, you'll be getting an order from me before too long..

I will upload the videos of my runs after the weekend of the 7th..
Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM
jayman33
Banned

I contacted KW directly when both my front struts in my Trak Pak coilovers busted a seal. They've never seen it before let alone both fronts. KW manufactures the coilovers for Roush but to Roush specs. I have two good friends who work for Roush, they get a lot of their parts from outside vendors. KW will refurbish and even replace the Roush "trak pak" coilovers for a small fee. They rebuilt both my front struts for 125 shipped which isn't bad to me. If the buyer wants different springs KW will supply at a discounted rate as the originals are a bit harsh for normal street driving.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Ok, they build them. I sell KW, I like them. But what are the spring rates? What is the damping curve like? Details. Without them it's like buying cams not knowing anything other than Joe Shmoe spec'ed them out. Or headers without knowing the primary tube sizes. Folks don't tend to do that, but when it comes to suspension the blindly buy parts all the time.

I can't and won't say that kit sucks. But the fact KW builds it does not mean much because they aren't actually doing the springs and vavling.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Campo 427R
1st Gear Member

Roush is protective of their research & development, so the spring rates will be hard to obtain. My next step is to contact KW and ask them as they manufactured the kit for Roush. The only data I can find is as follows:
The ultimate suspension package for the track
Fits 2005-2010 Mustang GTs
Developed in part with thousands of hours of testing on the track and street
The same suspension system used in ROUSH's premier track-ready vehicle, the ROUSH® 427R Trak Pak Mustang
Specially tuned for use on the race track
Includes front and rear adjustable dampers, matching elastomer jounce bumpers, front and rear springs, front and rear jounce bumpers, and camber plates
Features high tensile strength linear rate spring with tender coils
Adjustable rebound, camber place angle (up to 3 degrees negative camber), and ride height to adjust between street and track use.
The rears are not true coilovers as they install like the OEM kit. The coil is separate from the spring.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

*sigh*

Ok, I know they are "protective" of that stuff, that's why we don't know it. They don't want you to. I have a problem with that when it comes to using the stuff. I can't much blame them, I've had proprietary information "borrowed" and it pisses me off. That said, I'm pretty open with my setups, and a big reason I use the parts I use is because I know what I'm getting which helps me dial in and/or make changes.

I get that it's their "premier setup for track ready cars". Though really anyone can say that about anything, especially when they don't have to explain what they are doing.