Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Cobra jet intake? E85 tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM
S197 650
1st Gear Member

Default Cobra jet intake? E85 tune?

I was pretty set on going with the Boss intake / Bama 91 combo, but I was wondering if I should hold out for a Cobra Jet intake / E85 combo instead.

Anyone know/hear anything about either of these two making it to our 5.0 GT's?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
POMBCHSTANG

Yup. Know what you mean, now it's august and I just ordered my CAI to match my Boss Intake manifold when I came across the famous FRPP "site's" and boom, there it was, The Cobra Jet intake for are beloved S197 Coyote engine's. Oh, Oh. now what?
It promises to make more HP than the Boss Intake and the question is how much more? #1 and # 2. Divability. # 3 Strut tower bar options. Becuase I'm interesed in road racing and some strip. So if anyone has any info on numbers and perfomance for a very
understanding DD with a passion for Low, tight and Fastas F*%$. Let us know please!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well the Boss 302 Strut Brace looks to have the most clearance of all available and it is said that the Boss 302 brace will not fit the Cobra Jet intake. Ford also claims the Cobra Jet intake made like 25hp over the Boss intake, but remember that is on their Cobra Jet engine (P&P matched intake heads, different internals, etc..) but it definitely looks like holding out for the Cobra Jet intake would be the better performer.

Also, you have to use the FRPP 2007+ Gt-500 Throttle Body, which can be single blade, and a different CAI. I am not sure if there is any CAI available for that setup so you might have to wait for the FRPP to release the matching CAI as well. It's going to be pricey when you add all of it up though.

Intake + Throttle Body + CAI = $1500? I'm guessing. Might be worth it though.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:50 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default Cobra intake manifold

WOW

first I have heard of this. I see Lethal Performance has it or is taking orders.
It requires a couple of things to work.
I just got the FRPP Procal tuner on my 13 GT.
If I can eventually get this installed from Ford Racing thru the dealer, I will do it. How much cost? I don't care cause I won't ever be installing a supercharger or anything and this will be just perfect for my taste.

Hope it will be offered thru Ford like the Procal tuner.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Having it done through the dealer I can easily see you paying $2k. It will require some custom tuning that I doubt the ford dealer will be able to do though.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM
mustangergt
1st Gear Member

Default intake

Hoping ford racing svt group will be able to write a tune just like they do if you install a ford supercharger kit.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 PM
POMBCHSTANG

Wow. It's been a while now and I was wondering, doe's anyone here have any interest in installing or has installed or at least ordered the Cobra Jet intake manifold for 5.o coyote yet?? I'm doing it after my suspention is complete... Hello!?!? Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 07:02 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

The Cobra Jet intake is not available yet.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
kingGingy5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottmach
http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...-manifold.html

Why not?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
POMBCHSTANG

Originally Posted by scottmach
That much I know but is anyone on here planning to get one. I'm going that route after my suspension is done. Anyone else? Thanks

Quick Reply: Cobra jet intake? E85 tune?