Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Blessing in Disguise!!

Old 05-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

Default Blessing in Disguise!!

So a couple weeks ago, I was in a wreck in Arlington. A girl slammed into me from behind and knocked me into the car in front of me. Needless to say, both bumpers and my Borla touring exhaust all need replacing. Well I'm taking this opportunity to upgrade to the GT front bumper/grill and rear valance (am I the only one who actually prefers the GT rear valance to the GT500 one? but I digress...). I'm also switching to the S-Type mufflers as I want something a little louder than the Touring. And to top it all off, he's going to paint matte black racing stripes down the center of the car (10 inch stripes with 7/8 inch gap in between).

And because the accident was totally the other driver's fault, I don't have to come up with the deductible, which means essentially all I'm out to do all these changes is $70 for the GT grille surround! Of course I have to wait a couple weeks to get my car back, but it will be WELL worth the wait!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Congrats on getting rear ended, I suppose. Post up some before and after pics if you can.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Good for you! I always thought if I hit a deer or something happened to the front I would go the Supersnake look...
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Nyhm
1st Gear Member

In this thread, people wanting to get into accidents to get upgrades XD but that does suck OP, though I am glad you're getting a good deal out of it
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svastano
Good for you! I always thought if I hit a deer or something happened to the front I would go the Supersnake look...
Good choice
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Forty-two
1st Gear Member

excellent choice. i did the same when some guy put into reverse and hit the gas when i was some meters behind him
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nyhm
In this thread, people wanting to get into accidents to get upgrades XD but that does suck OP, though I am glad you're getting a good deal out of it
We are not wanting to get into accidents.... But if an unfortunate event would happen then you might as well take the opportunity.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Forty-two
1st Gear Member

We are not wanting to get into accidents.... But if an unfortunate event would happen then you might as well take the opportunity.
+1
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

- and if it's all the same to the insurance company, why not make lemonade out of the lemons of life?

Still, not the way I'd choose to change my car...kind of "uncontrolled experiment!"
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

ok....here are a few shots I took today in the shop. Still waiting on the paint to "cure", and they still have to do my wheel alignment and get her all cleaned up. I apologize for the car being dirty (and yes the hood is popped in the pick), but it will give you some idea of what it looks like now. I'm VERY pleased with the way the stripes turned out. He did an excellent job.
Attached Thumbnails Blessing in Disguise!!-stripes3.jpg   Blessing in Disguise!!-stripes2.jpg   Blessing in Disguise!!-stripes1.jpg  

Last edited by Mercury83; 06-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blessing in Disguise!!