Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Glass Roof Retrofit

Old 03-07-2013, 01:05 PM
tacticool

Default Glass Roof Retrofit

Hello all!

New V6 base mustang here. I did not get the premium because I will end up taking everything out and I did not want leather. But I do want the glass roof. Has anyone had it installed? From my research it is almost like installing a sunroof.

The link below carries the parts with the sunshade and everything. It wont let me link directly but you will see a roof section. It is OEM.

http://fordpartsdiscountoutlet.com/ford/mustang-parts/

thanks,
Richard S.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I dont think you can retrofit this into an existing car. Not totaly shure so I would like to know for shure.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure if the roof for the 05-09 are any different from the 10+ but as long as you have all the necessary hardware then it shouldn't be an issue for a body shop to install one of these. This is OEM which means it should be replacing the entire roof unlike the CDC version the started the glass roof craze that required you to cut your existing roof. Expect this to be pricey though because not only do you have to pay for the glass but the interior piece, as well as the outside stripes and anything else that may be required. If you're having it installed by someone I can easily see parts + labor equating to $3000+ at this websites prices.

Unfortunately CDC no longer makes their glass roofs as people used to be able to get them installed for around $2000-2500.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
tacticool

Yeah all 4 pieces of this kit with the trims, shade, and glass runs about $2500 for parts. I am wondering if I can retain factory warranty if I have the dealer install it...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:47 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Ill bump this as I was always interested in the glass roof package but couldn't find out.

Matthew
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 PM
tacticool

I know one day I WILL pull the trigger on the glass roof...I just done exactly know when...
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

I guess CDC was the only place selling these per this article but I can't find it for sale anywhere else.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ss_roof_panel/

Last edited by mph07alloy; 03-08-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Ford starting offering their version of the glass roof back in 09 I believe. So as long as someone buys all the required pieces any body shop should be able to install it on their existing car.

Only issues I see are

1) Price
2) If you have 05-09 an 10+ model might not work and vice versa.

The items shown on the link above are the FORD model parts, not the CDC which obviously stopped making them once Ford started to offer them. I think it's a $2k option if you are buying a car, so wanting it after the fact is costing you a lot more.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:47 PM
tacticool

Originally Posted by Menace
Ford starting offering their version of the glass roof back in 09 I believe. So as long as someone buys all the required pieces any body shop should be able to install it on their existing car.

Only issues I see are

1) Price
2) If you have 05-09 an 10+ model might not work and vice versa.

The items shown on the link above are the FORD model parts, not the CDC which obviously stopped making them once Ford started to offer them. I think it's a $2k option if you are buying a car, so wanting it after the fact is costing you a lot more.
the problem is I got the Base mustang because I did not want to pay $4000 for the premium and then another $1595 for leather Recaro seats to take out electric controls. Everything in the premium was what I did not want...except for the glass roof overall I expect $3000-$3500 for the glass roof...I stuck with the cloth Recaro seat option on the base
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Mayberry40
2nd Gear Member

I have a glass roof on my 13 GT/CS. I like it but I can do without it! I got it because it looks great on my white stang. I saw pics of white stangs with black vinyl put on the roof that looks just like a glass roof. If I had 2 do it over again I would get a white GT/CS and put black vinyl on the roof!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glass Roof Retrofit