AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Honest Opinion Please

Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Default Honest Opinion Please

Hey Guys,

First off, let me say....American Muscle has had really great customer service, good shipping, and capable and helpful representatives in all my experiences over the last year. I am not into vendor-bashing just because I don't get my way, and working in a call center myself, I am sensitive to the constraints that your company/industry can put on you. Seriously, these guys have been stand-up. But I had an experience over the last couple of weeks that's bothering me somewhat, and I'm asking this question because I'm genuinely interested in opinions on whether or not this sounds fair:

I Ordered and Eibach Pro Suspension Kit from AM almost two weeks ago. The item was listed as In-Stock, and shipping should take 5-7 business days. I called into AM a couple of times to get some help on choosing components, general pre-sale questions, stuff like that. Reading on the forums here, I had seen folks talk about the importance of the adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts, so I ordered that. But in talking with the reps at AM, they recommended the caster-camber plates. So I ordered that as well, figuring I could just return the bolts. All told we have 3 seperate orders....One for the Suspension kit, one for the PHB and Bolts, and one for the Caster/Camber plates.

The PHB, Bolts and Plates all arrived pretty quickly. But the Suspension kit itself didn't come after maybe a week and half....So, I figured I'd give AM a call to check on things, maybe they needed more from me, or whatever. After looking into the order, turns out the Eibach kit won't ship until June....So they offered me the option of cancelling the order, and returning my other items.

But when I got my RMA slips in my email box, there was no return shipping label. I called in this morning to see if I was missing something, and they told me that because this is a “Customer Return”, I have to pay the shipping cost. I mentioned that I didn’t want to press the issue or be difficult, but without the suspension kit, I would have no need for the PHB, bolts and plates, and it made sense to me that a return label would be provided to me. But this is AM’s policy and I’d just need to take the stuff over to USPS, Fedex or wherever to send the items back.
SO….I guess my question to you is, does this sound right? I realize that I placed separate orders for all of these items, but does it really make sense that I pay the shipping for returning products that sort of depend on each other? I admit I am still learning when it comes to performance mods, and maybe I misunderstand the purpose of the caster-camber plates and PHB, but it seemed to me that there is no benefit to adding these items on a stock suspension, and it is reasonable to assume that while they weren’t all paid for on the same order, they were all ordered in conjunction with each other.
AM is a great company to work with, but this has me considering ordering from elsewhere. My intent (as I told one of the previous reps) was to just go with an exhaust setup for the time-being, and come back to the suspension later. I don’t want to order from someone else, but this sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. Am I being too sensitive?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Andover Stang
1st Gear Member

They should pay the shipping back.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Code Vision
Hey Guys,

First off, let me say....American Muscle has had really great customer service, good shipping, and capable and helpful representatives in all my experiences over the last year. I am not into vendor-bashing just because I don't get my way, and working in a call center myself, I am sensitive to the constraints that your company/industry can put on you. Seriously, these guys have been stand-up. But I had an experience over the last couple of weeks that's bothering me somewhat, and I'm asking this question because I'm genuinely interested in opinions on whether or not this sounds fair:

I Ordered and Eibach Pro Suspension Kit from AM almost two weeks ago. The item was listed as In-Stock, and shipping should take 5-7 business days. I called into AM a couple of times to get some help on choosing components, general pre-sale questions, stuff like that. Reading on the forums here, I had seen folks talk about the importance of the adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts, so I ordered that. But in talking with the reps at AM, they recommended the caster-camber plates. So I ordered that as well, figuring I could just return the bolts. All told we have 3 seperate orders....One for the Suspension kit, one for the PHB and Bolts, and one for the Caster/Camber plates.

The PHB, Bolts and Plates all arrived pretty quickly. But the Suspension kit itself didn't come after maybe a week and half....So, I figured I'd give AM a call to check on things, maybe they needed more from me, or whatever. After looking into the order, turns out the Eibach kit won't ship until June....So they offered me the option of cancelling the order, and returning my other items.

But when I got my RMA slips in my email box, there was no return shipping label. I called in this morning to see if I was missing something, and they told me that because this is a “Customer Return”, I have to pay the shipping cost. I mentioned that I didn’t want to press the issue or be difficult, but without the suspension kit, I would have no need for the PHB, bolts and plates, and it made sense to me that a return label would be provided to me. But this is AM’s policy and I’d just need to take the stuff over to USPS, Fedex or wherever to send the items back.
SO….I guess my question to you is, does this sound right? I realize that I placed separate orders for all of these items, but does it really make sense that I pay the shipping for returning products that sort of depend on each other? I admit I am still learning when it comes to performance mods, and maybe I misunderstand the purpose of the caster-camber plates and PHB, but it seemed to me that there is no benefit to adding these items on a stock suspension, and it is reasonable to assume that while they weren’t all paid for on the same order, they were all ordered in conjunction with each other.
AM is a great company to work with, but this has me considering ordering from elsewhere. My intent (as I told one of the previous reps) was to just go with an exhaust setup for the time-being, and come back to the suspension later. I don’t want to order from someone else, but this sort of left a bad taste in my mouth. Am I being too sensitive?
I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you had with us over the last few weeks. I completely understand frustrating this can be and I'm going to get you squared away!

There's no possible way you could have known that the Eibach kit would go out of stock until June. I'll make sure to send this information over to my Purchasing team and see if there's anything we can do to get this kit back in stock quicker. Since your other items shipped before the ETA changed on our inventory of the Suspension, you will not be paying to ship your PHB, Bolts and Plates back to us!

Please sent me a PM with your order number included. I'll have my CS Manager send you over a Pre paid shipping label. That will take care of getting your parts that are no longer necessary, back to our facility!

I hope this helps. We would hate for you take your business elsewhere! We value every single customer and will do whatever it takes to make sure your in good hands. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

-Dan
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Thanks to Dan and Mike for getting me straightened out. AM is very responsive and treats you good.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:07 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

This is why I love AM!