Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bought a '06 supercharged mustang. Questions

Old 05-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

You can get an vehicle appraiser in that area to go look at it and give you a real market value and they will truely inspect it all the way around and let you know of any problems the cars has. I work in Iraq and I have a few friends here that have done this in the past while when they buy new vehicles. Then they are waiting on us when we get home. Good luck bro and I hope you have a safe deployement and find the ride your looking for.

A buddy of mine has a 2011 Red/ Black stripe GT500 with only 6k miles for sell if you want a supercharged mustang. Its a little more but atleast you know whats done to it. 43 to 44k and its yours.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

That probably would've been a good idea. I guess I'll just have to wait and see
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM
TheStigSC
2nd Gear Member

I'm running 8.5 lbs on a stock engine making around 500whp. Now keep in mind that I have a twin screw thats intercooled and the Vortech is a centrifugal supercharger non intercooled. But something is definitely up. Meth and built motor plus 14lbs of boost @ 450? Yeah right. I wouldn't have bought it without seeing it. Hell I wouldn't buy a brand new car without driving it first. Just my $0.02.

Last edited by TheStigSC; 05-02-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheStigSC
I'm running 8.5 lbs on a stock engine making around 500whp. Now keep in mind that I have a twin screw thats intercooled and the Vortech is a centrifugal supercharger non intercooled. But something is definitely up. Meth and built motor plus 14lbs of boost @ 450? Yeah right. I wouldn't have bought it without seeing it. Hell I wouldn't buy a brand new car without driving it first. Just my $0.02.
Ok so at this point I had to give my .02 cents.

My cobra was totaled 2 weeks before I deployed in December of 2011. Side note, I hear nothing of the new 5.0's yet (don't judge). Before I got totaled I got absolutely stomped by a random one on the road. No biggy and then boom! Hit by a Cadillac CTS.

Now, in search of another SVT Cobra years 94-95 or 03-04. I called my buddies dad who owns a 97 cobra with 320k miles and only boke 1 piston so far motor wise! He was a ford super enthusiast and begged me to test drive a new 5.0 before I left but I couldn't.

Started doing some serious reading on the 05+ stangs as I new nothing about them at all (I was a SVT fanboy). Got some serious knowledge and I February of 2012 place my order on my current 2013, built may, shipped June, I picked up August 6th. Honestly haven't looked back.

I wouldn't necessarily say test drive in all situations but definitely if it is used I would. But in regards to OP, my dad picked up my cobra for me on my first deployment and I had her for 5 years with minimal issues!!! Wish I will had it!! Just take preventative measures and enjoy your ride!!!

Again no offense meant, just my .02 cents!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 AM
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

Well my dad loves the car. He knows a lot more than me about cars in general. He wants it for himself. So if it comes down to it, I guess he can have it for himself.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by derboesekoenig
Well my dad loves the car. He knows a lot more than me about cars in general. He wants it for himself. So if it comes down to it, I guess he can have it for himself.
Good plan B. be sure to update us when you get ahold of it and everything.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

If that warranty is the one though a dealership its only going to cover failures due to original equipment. We have one like that on my wives car.

Since that engines been so heavily modded its not going to cover anything useful. So it's pretty much useless anything you do to the engine voids all warranty on the engine. Hell if you change out the shifter on a manual that voids the transmissions warranty.

That's the main reason I have not done any engine mods to my 2013 yet. I want to give this car time to have something stock fail so its on Ford and not me. Then ill mod the car.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
Good plan B. be sure to update us when you get ahold of it and everything.
I'm pretty sure he has all ready purchased the car.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:07 AM
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

I think this deployment has gotten to me. Normally, I would never even THINK about buying any vehicle without looking at it first. I must be going crazy. I didn't think about the warranty. How can the dealership offer a 2 year warranty if everything on the car is modded? Makes no sense.
Car is paid for at this point. Sitting in the garage, covered up. I've got about 8 weeks left and I'll be able to see if my purchase was worth it. I've been browsing, but have yet to find anything else within 250 miles that I like.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:09 AM
derboesekoenig
1st Gear Member

I've been doing a lot of research on intercoolers/aftercoolers as well. It seems the CX racing kit is the way to go for that? How much would a shop charge to install it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought a '06 supercharged mustang. Questions