Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Door arm rest peeling?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Sixxtwelve

Default Door arm rest peeling?

Hey! new guy here, been browsing the forums for a little, finally decided to join because I have a question. Recently picked up a used '10 v6, loving it so far. I know its not going to be perfect like a new one (although it only had 20k miles when i got it), but theres a little thing that bugs me. The arm rests on both doors seem to be "peeling". Its only where you grab it to shut the door. Its not too big of a deal, but i want to know how to fix it. I've tried tucking it in, but it wont stay, and I figured someone here would have a trick to fix it!
Attached Thumbnails Door arm rest peeling?-photo.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Sixxtwelve
Hey! new guy here, been browsing the forums for a little, finally decided to join because I have a question. Recently picked up a used '10 v6, loving it so far. I know its not going to be perfect like a new one (although it only had 20k miles when i got it), but theres a little thing that bugs me. The arm rests on both doors seem to be "peeling". Its only where you grab it to shut the door. Its not too big of a deal, but i want to know how to fix it. I've tried tucking it in, but it wont stay, and I figured someone here would have a trick to fix it!
Hello Sixxtwelve,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride! My name is Deysha with Ford service, and I recommend you bring it in to your Ford dealer and speak to your Service Manager. He/she is in the best position to look into this for you. He/she can check into any warranties, assistance, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Sixxtwelve

Thank you Deysha! I did get the car from a ford dealership near me, believe I have a warrenty so I'll definitely give them a call.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Sixxtwelve
Thank you Deysha! I did get the car from a ford dealership near me, believe I have a warrenty so I'll definitely give them a call.
No problem, Sixxtwelve!

Deysha