AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

AM, I am disappoint.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default AM, I am disappoint.

For the first time ever, I am somewhat disappointed with American Muscle. Ive made more orders then I can remember from you guys, and they always went out the same day, near immediate notification if its OOS, and always gets here within a day.

This past week I ordered a set of wheel spacers to fix my rubbing issues- site had them in stock, ordered them at 2 so I figured they would be here thurs at the latest from previous experience.

Wednesday late afternoon I get an email that they are now out of stock, and it will be 1-2 weeks before they are back. Normal, but ok. Heres the disappoint- I go back friday night, start shopping bits for my other mustang. whats this? the spacers are in stock? no they arent... Go home AM, you're drunk. If somethigns out, fix it on the site! I dont want anyone else to get bummed like me, since their car isnt going to look like this for the opening cruise...

Name:  2013-05-04174929_zps7a90edaa.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  221.5 KB

But rather like this, all hoopty and mismatched.
Name:  2013-05-04201159_zpsa8e28419.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  136.9 KB
Make my car the laughing stock of the driveway at night...

Dont let them be bummed like me. leave notification!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

HAHA "hoopty and mismatched".
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

NYstang,

I'm sorry for the late notification about the wheel spacers! I'm not sure why they came back in stock on the site, but I'll certainly look into it. Could you provide me a link with the exact wheel spacers you were looking at?

I don't want anyone else getting mixed up with the availability. Thanks for pointing this out!

Shane
Old 05-13-2013, 10:07 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Shane, these ones-

http://www.americanmuscle.com/wheel-...16in-9412.html
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

NYStang,

Looks like it was just bad timing. We DO have the wheel spacers back in stock!

From what I understand, the shipment recently came in and the inventory was just checked through on Thursday. Since the shipment already came and passed, but the inventory wasn't shelved yet, the system saw our next shipment that's scheduled a few weeks from now. This is where all the confusion came from.

We do have these spacers currently in stock! Send me your order number via PM and I'll see what the progress is. If it hasn't shipped out yet, it will certainly do so today!

Shane
Old 05-21-2013, 08:41 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

You've placed more orders than you can remember and you're crying like a three year old the first time there's a problem? Put on your big-boy panties, Nancy and deal with it...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:14 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by kdryan
You've placed more orders than you can remember and you're crying like a three year old the first time there's a problem? Put on your big-boy panties, Nancy and deal with it...
Apparently reading is something you cant do- my main problem was while I didnt need them ASAP, somebody else might and they werent marked 'out of stock'. Perhaps you should learn to complete a reading before commenting, or refrain from doing so when you have nothing to add.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

The cobra 5 spoke rims look better anyways IMO..
Old 05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
kdryan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
Apparently reading is something you cant do- my main problem was while I didnt need them ASAP, somebody else might and they werent marked 'out of stock'. Perhaps you should learn to complete a reading before commenting, or refrain from doing so when you have nothing to add.
So you took an issue hat wasn't important to you and used it to whine about something that didn't concern you. Inventory mistakes happen to every company that sells anything from my daughter selling Girl Scout cookies to Apple selling iPads. They're annoying but they happen. Instead of being a whiny little girl, you could have just called them up and explained it and gone on with your life, but you chose to try to make an issue out of nothing.

Maybe you should sell your Mustang and buy a car that suits your personality. I think a Prius might work. A PT Cruiser might be better....

Last edited by kdryan; 05-22-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
Inventory issues happen. While it's not something that probably happens regularly at AM, it might be better if you just reached out to AM directly to inform them of the issue rather than throwing them under the bus in public for the first mistake they've made in the many transactions (more than you can remember) you've had with them in the past. After all, I'm sure you've never made a mistake before.

Quick Reply: AM, I am disappoint.