Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Muscle Pre Painted MMD Eleanor Style Side Scoops

Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Default American Muscle Pre Painted MMD Eleanor Style Side Scoops

Well, this is the first problem I've had with an American Muscle part. I bought them about 14 months ago, and today I was driving home on the highway in rush hour traffic, and the right side scoop just flew off. I had it all installed perfectly, with the adhesion promoter and all - and it just flew off. Didn't see if it hit another car or anything. Point is, it's gone.

And the killer is that I have a car show tomorrow morning, and I lost my job in August because I couldn't work enough hours (due to my classes) for them to justify keeping me on.

I'm fuming - and I don't know what to do.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:03 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

That sucks, there are so many factors that could have lead to this happening. Not AM's fault. Take the other one off for the show, good luck!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I'm trying to see if my insurance company will cover it. I know they cover my aftermarket exhaust (after I got rear ended - they got me a new set of Flowmaster's just like the ones I had to begin with)
Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 PM
NavyGSCM
1st Gear Member

They probably got you the flowmasters because they are cheaper than stock.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Nothing you can do, it is an installation issue, not the part unfortunately
Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Why would your insurance company cover a $200 set of side scoops? Thats not an AM problem, its how it was installed/double sided tape issue.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:39 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Well, this is the first problem I've had with an American Muscle part. I bought them about 14 months ago, and today I was driving home on the highway in rush hour traffic, and the right side scoop just flew off. I had it all installed perfectly, with the adhesion promoter and all - and it just flew off. Didn't see if it hit another car or anything. Point is, it's gone.

And the killer is that I have a car show tomorrow morning, and I lost my job in August because I couldn't work enough hours (due to my classes) for them to justify keeping me on.

I'm fuming - and I don't know what to do.
Whether or not it was our fault, we still hate to hear when stuff like this happens to our good customers. I know it's not a huge gesture, but I'd love to at least get you a set at our cost if you do end up replacing them. Maybe that will soften the blow a little bit for you.

If you do, make sure to install them in a warm climate - a hot day in the sun after it's had time to bake is great. Making sure to clean the area with alcohol prep pads and then use the adhesion promoter. From there, let it sit for 24 hours to fully adhere and they literally should be difficult for you to get off!

Thanks again for being a great customer and we hope you still had a great time at your car show!

PM AMDanBailer or AMShaneLesky if you're interested in a replacement set at cost and we'll get you set up.