Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the crash club Monday :(

Old 12-19-2013, 09:57 AM
J95SNAKE
1st Gear Member

Default Joined the crash club Monday :(

Some lady pulled out in front of me on Monday. Lunch time combined with the holidays and traffic turns nuts. She decided to attempt to cross 5 lanes of traffic to get where she wanted to go. I was in lane 2. She claimed she never saw me. Well, if you don't stop to look, you won't see anyone until you smack the hell out of them. I was able to steer away from her and lessen the impact. I definitely didn't want steak for lunch that day. The other driver had to go the hospital because she smacked her airbag with her melon. I don't think she had her belt on. Car is at the shop with $10K worth of damage. The only thing they need to straighten is the radiator support. Big things needed are a hood, headlights, front clip, whee/tire and a fender. Headlights were a grand. Hopefully they do a good job. They estimated 3 Jan for pick up.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the crash club Monday :(-img_0573.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:59 AM
jester0618
1st Gear Member

Jeez that sucks. At least you weren't hurt. Cars can be replaced. Hope she has insurance!
Old 12-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Silver_Stang_05
1st Gear Member

That sucks man. Not the club you wanna be in! I hydroplaned into a concrete barrier a year ago, had same damage in front and two rims replaced. Bout $10K in damage and took 5 weeks to repair. Mainly because of the holiday it took them forever to get parts. I went by the shop a few times to check it out and man was that a depressing site...wouldn't advise that unless you don't trust the shop doing the work. I'm sure LA has it's share of crazy drivers, but here in FLA it's all the "blue hairs" with the left turn signal on making right hand turns...
Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 AM
chub46
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your accident so close to the holidays. Jan 3rd sounds a little optimistic to me.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Good ol' LA traffic. Where did you get hit? Sorry about the damage.

Matthew
Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Please everyone leave your Mustangs home during the holidays it's seems to bring all the nuts out. I got hit by a girl texting Saturday and she did not see me stopped at a red light. Also bent and scratched my new Roush Exhaust, she had insurance and I was Ok, just a little whiplash.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 12-19-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:57 PM
J95SNAKE
1st Gear Member

I was hit in Louisiana. Coincidentally, a study was released showing Louisiana has the worst drivers in the country. She had a valid insurance card but she went to the hospital and I couldn't exchange information. The report isn't ready yet so I can't validate if she is actually insured yet. The shop said all of the parts they need were available and they won't be closed except for Christmas and New Years. I'm optimistic, I hate not being able to drive it.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:28 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Its so scary to think we pay so much a month for insurance, and modifications and etc to our cars, and it only takes one jerk without insurance to run into us and we can lose our car if the damage is bad enough?!

What happens if the person who hits you doesn't have insurance? Can you file something to make them pay? I figure if they don't have insurance they probably don't have much money either, can you at least file something on their credit report?
Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Fox Fader
2nd Gear Member

Oh, Damn
Old 12-19-2013, 02:41 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

Sat at a light watching today watching the girl behind me and another two cars back in the other lane texting away. Sorry about your bender man, truly. Lately I've been doing a lot of just letting the people in a hurry go past and be in a hurry somewhere not near me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joined the crash club Monday :(