Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Adding interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Silver Talon

Default Adding interior lights

Looking to add some lights to illuminate the back seats better for my two girls. There isn't any light at all back there for them and its getting a little annoying. I'm putting them into a 14 coupe and would like to find out where the factory wiring is to the dome or other interior lights. I don't want extra switches that can be accidentally left on to drain the battery or something. So anyone tapped into that yet to add any lights? I don't have My Color or anything, just a base coupe. Thanks for any help!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Sal Vader

Hi,
The cables for the dome light are pasenger side pilar, there is a sticky somewhere arround here with the illuminated door sills that indicate wiring color.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Silver Talon

Thanks for the reply! I actually took and tapped a lead for the dome light/map light that is hooked up to the factory light relay, so it turns on when you open the doors etc. You can also hit the driver side map light and it turns on the lights also. Just have to run a few more lights in the interior and trunk and Ill be good to go! Ill post a pic I took of the wires for future reference for someone.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Silver Talon

Here is a fuzzy pic of the inside of the dome light assembly. It comes out with just some pulling on the assembly. The white wire that leads from the switch to the light bulb on the left is the one you want to splice into. The yellow wire is the positive lead that is always on. The gray one is the wire that goes hot when you press the map light switch. So jump in front of the bulb and no matter what source you use to turn the lights on (aka map button, or the dimmer switch on the dash, or hitting the remote fob) it will turn your other accessories on too. It has a 15a fuse up to the dome light area, so I fused the next link with a 10a fuse just to be safe.

Name:  IMAG1860_zpsmeye2jdz.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  69.3 KB