AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Upgrade Your Weak Stock Driveshaft with The Driveshaft Shop at AmericanMuscle

Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Default Upgrade Your Weak Stock Driveshaft with The Driveshaft Shop at AmericanMuscle

Upgrade your weak factory driveshaft to one of the strongest units in the business, The Driveshaft Shop! Available for all S197 Mustangs, GT, Boss 302 and GT500 at AmericanMuscle.com

It's no secret the factory driveshaft is weak. Especially the stock two-pieced driveshafts in the 2011-2014 Mustangs. With the more engine performance upgrades to your S197 Mustang, the more necessary it becomes to upgrade to a stronger single piece DS from The Driveshaft Shop.

Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 2011-2014 GT or Boss 302

Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber One Piece Driveshaft 2011-2014 GT or Boss 302

Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 2011-2014 v6

Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 2005-2010 GT

Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber One Piece Driveshaft 2005-2010 GT

Driveshaft Shop Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft 2007-2012 GT500

Driveshaft Shop Carbon Fiber One Piece Driveshaft 2007-2012 GT500

We have The Driveshaft Shop driveshafts available in one-piece aluminum and one-piece carbon fiber designs to reduce rotating mass, thus improving parasitic drivetrain loss. Aluminum units weight just 19lbs and carbon fiber units weight just 18lbs, compared to the factory 39lbs!

Not only will The Driveshaft Shop's driveshafts reduce rotating mass over the stock DS with both aluminum and carbon fiber pieces, but they're also rated to handle to 900 horsepower! Which should give anyone a piece of mind when shifting through the gears at high speeds.

If you need a tough, light weight, and reliable driveshaft. Than look no further, The Driveshaft Shop has your back at AmericanMuscle.com!

Last edited by AMWill; 03-10-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 PM
modman42
2nd Gear Member

Is there an eta as to when the aluminum 05-09 driveshafts will be back in stock? They have been out of stock for a while.

I want to buy all of my parts from AM and I am about to pull the trigger on a complete drivetrain up grade (flywheel, clutch, drive shaft etc). You guys are the best.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:36 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by modman42
Is there an eta as to when the aluminum 05-09 driveshafts will be back in stock? They have been out of stock for a while.

I want to buy all of my parts from AM and I am about to pull the trigger on a complete drivetrain up grade (flywheel, clutch, drive shaft etc). You guys are the best.
We're expecting a new delivery to arrive at the end of this month. I'd say you'll see the site updated by the 28th, if not sooner. Sorry for the long wait, I hope you can hang in there that long!

Sounds like you have plans to make big power now or down the road! What clutch and you going with? What power mods do you have in mind?

Thanks for the kind words and your support. We're glad to have you as a loyal customer!

Shane
Old 03-12-2014, 08:32 PM
modman42
2nd Gear Member

That's great Shane. That lines up with my plans, still snow and ice on the roads here.
I have no immediate plans for a power adder but my build plan calls for upgrading the drivetrain and suspension for reliability and driveability. I use my car for touring so I plan my upgrades accordingly. I figure as long as the transmission is out for the clutch replacement (exedy 500)I should upgrade the shifter (Barton) along with the flywheel, slave and pilot bearing. Suspension is next after the drivetrain and then the supercharger. That is if I don't trade up to a Shelby!

Thanks again for the great service!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by modman42
That's great Shane. That lines up with my plans, still snow and ice on the roads here.
I have no immediate plans for a power adder but my build plan calls for upgrading the drivetrain and suspension for reliability and driveability. I use my car for touring so I plan my upgrades accordingly. I figure as long as the transmission is out for the clutch replacement (exedy 500)I should upgrade the shifter (Barton) along with the flywheel, slave and pilot bearing. Suspension is next after the drivetrain and then the supercharger. That is if I don't trade up to a Shelby!

Thanks again for the great service!
modman42,

I agree it sounds like you have a solid plan. I'm like you, I prefer to upgrade my Mustangs to handle more power than they have, before taking the step of performance upgrades. It's a little on the safe side, but surely can't do any harm!

Good luck with your drivetrain overhaul!

Shane