The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

that time of year! Ctgreddy vs Mrtstang rematch

Old 04-06-2014, 06:07 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default that time of year! Ctgreddy vs Mrtstang rematch

we've both made a few small changes since last race. I'll let him chime in on what he's done. I got my blower looked over and found the inlet wasn't ported at all, which is where all the power comes from. So, I got that opened up and back on the car. With the opened up inlet My boost went from 13lbs to 15 with the same pulley so it obviously helped. Porter said I should pick up 30-40 whp with just the port but I dont know if I'd expect that much. I'm hoping between both our little add ons it'll put us right around where we were last year.

as for nitrous runs I wont be ready for any quite yet. I'm still working on making my tune perfect and haven't had time to work on a nitrous tune yet. That can come later tho. So after mrt chimes in I'll be curious on what everyone thinks the outcome will be. Personally, I hope I edge him out just a tad .
Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Long time no chat everyone haha Being a Chevy owner now I rarely come on here anymore, unless of course i'm part of the action lol. Off the bottle I think greddy will get me this time...on the sauce who knows. My motor was still breaking in, and we never got a real nitrous run anyways. I'll post our last race here just so you can see what happened last time. First run is off the bottle, and I slightly kiss the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift where greedy gets a slight lead, but towards the top of 4th I start to pull a tad, but then it's over. Next run is the nitrous run, but mine wasn't working right at all so that was a no go. Also, one other important point to note here is that our total race weight should be very similar with greddy's weight reduction and my 100 lb gain from the iron block. Here is the vid from last year.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/stre...mrt-again.html
Old 04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Well I'm obviously going to go with the Cobra between you two. I'm excited to see some vids. How's the weather out in Michigan?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:03 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Well I'm obviously going to go with the Cobra between you two. I'm excited to see some vids. How's the weather out in Michigan?
FINALLY starting to feel like spring. today was in the 50's, saposed to get back into the 40's a bit this week I heard tho. Still dont know what 70 feels like.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Greddy, you're my buddy...but if he actually gets a good hit of nitrous through that car I think he'll pull on ya. If you spray too, I'm calling it dead even or you buy a fender.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Motor vs motor ill go with the cobra. I bet the 2 pounds of boost makes more than 40whp. The spray is always tricky. But I'll go with the cobra on that race also.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

On nitrous runs he should pull me for sure. He's spraying a little bigger of a shot than I am from what I remember?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Greddy you sticking with that same shot for sure? Right now i'm on a 100 shot, but may bump it to a 125...not before our race though lol I'm hoping that old midpipe was causing a bottleneck on those nitrous pulls on the dyno, and with the new pipe that it will make the numbers that it should
Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Go on and hit it with a 150 shot. That iron block can take it.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
FINALLY starting to feel like spring. today was in the 50's, saposed to get back into the 40's a bit this week I heard tho. Still dont know what 70 feels like.
It's been fluctuating from 35* to 75* these last 2-3 weeks, plus either nice sun to torrential down pouring. Damn California weather can't make up it's mind!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: that time of year! Ctgreddy vs Mrtstang rematch