ROUSH Performance The premier manufacturer of high performance upgrade kits for Ford Mustangs. From powertrain, to handling, to styling, ROUSH provides industry-leading performance and quality.

New car warrantees & Roush Superchargers

Old 04-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default New car warrantees & Roush Superchargers

Question:

When you have a Roush Supercharger installed on an "in warrantee" Mustang can Roush supply the owner with a piece of paper (copy of the Ford/Roush agreement) that will help the owner deal with the ignorance of Ford Dealer Service personnel that often tell you that your Ford warrantee is void because the car has been modified! My local Ford Dealer told me that they would not honor the warrantee on anything on the car "bumper to bumper"! Having been though this, it is a common problem that gets old! It would be nice to have a contract in hand that spells out the responsibility of Ford and Roush regarding a new car warrantee. It would help cut through the ignorance of Ford Service Department employees. This kind of hassle scares off a lot of potential Roush customers!
Old 04-19-2014, 04:13 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I'm dissappointed no one from Roush answered my question!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

300 views and nada...
Old 04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frustration
300 views and nada...
It hurts Roush Supercharger sales! You would think Roush would understand that!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Ya know Mr. D......

I usually approach a project on a current modern vehicle like this....

Wait until it's out of warranty.... Roughly 3 years running stock...Then modify it as I please.

Then it's on my time and my dime. I keep it as the current project weekend warrior car ... Then get a new one under warranty to contemplate what direction to go on the next project.

Or ....have all the work done at the dealer. As a package deal with warrantee before I sign on the bill of sale.

Just saying.

----
Old 05-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Ya know Mr. D......

I usually approach a project on a current modern vehicle like this....

Wait until it's out of warranty.... Roughly 3 years running stock...Then modify it as I please.

Then it's on my time and my dime. I keep it as the current project weekend warrior car ... Then get a new one under warranty to contemplate what direction to go on the next project.

Or ....have all the work done at the dealer. As a package deal with warrantee before I sign on the bill of sale.

Just saying.

----
1. Roush advertises that putting a Roush supercharger on a new car is backed by an agreement between Roush & Ford. Why should I have to wait 3 years?

2. Precedent in law says that Ford has the burden of prove to show that your actions caused a failure. That certainly could be true in a transmission/clutch failure, but many dealers won't even fix the radio or your turn signals if you've put a Roush blower in your car without you having to go to the District Rep. Much of it is service dept. ignorance and arsenholens at a dealerships.

If you've abused a car they shouldn't honor the warranty, but not use some weak excuse to get out of it! It is usually some ***** at the dealership that won't even contact Ford giving you his 2¢ opinion because he drives a ten year old station wagon and is jealous you can afford a fun car!

Just sayin'
Old 05-08-2014, 04:00 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

I believe that the warranty only applies if the Roushcharger was installed at a certified Ford dealer, by their personnel. AND, it only applies to the stage 1 kit. This is why I'm glad I'm going through Anderson Ford to do the work and who I purchased the car through. They're not going to try to screw me over like the last place that didn't want to cover my 09's transmission issues at 1,800 miles because I had FORD F'N RACING axle-backs. Haven't been back to that dealer since.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblue95z
I believe that the warranty only applies if the Roushcharger was installed at a certified Ford dealer, by their personnel. AND, it only applies to the stage 1 kit. This is why I'm glad I'm going through Anderson Ford to do the work and who I purchased the car through. They're not going to try to screw me over like the last place that didn't want to cover my 09's transmission issues at 1,800 miles because I had FORD F'N RACING axle-backs. Haven't been back to that dealer since.
(1.) I think that applies to Roush authorized dealers! If not, I was lied to!

(2.) Some "ignorant/Know it all" Ford Service people will immediately tell you your warrantee is void, while others will use their brains & check with Ford & Roush. Don't argue..... call the Ford District Rep. & Roush!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:02 PM
nsult
1st Gear Member

Mr D, did you ever get an answer? I wouldn't mind looking at doing this down the road and this is something that would really sway my decision.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nsult
Mr D, did you ever get an answer? I wouldn't mind looking at doing this down the road and this is something that would really sway my decision.
No, but I would get another Roush Supercharger installed by a Roush Authorized Dealer. I think Ford District Reps. will back claims as long as they are reasonable and the car has not been mistreated/raced. The burden of proof is on Ford based on case law. If I can sell my '08 Supercharged Mustang I'm going to have a supercharger put on a 2014.

I had a transmission replaced in another Mustang with a tune and a CAI on it! It wasn't an issue because they judged the car had not been abused. It was just a bad bearing in a trans.

You might contact the Ford Area Rep. & ask if the car will be covered as long as there is no sign of abuse/racing/etc. Of course, Ford should not have to back cars raced or abused.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New car warrantees & Roush Superchargers