Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 05:24 PM
xXidol

Default Crash!

So this is my first post (of hopefully many) on this site! Hopefully my post turns out properly. Anyways, I am a 17 year old who started my own company with pure intentions of buying a Mustang as my first car. After about half of year of working with my business I had finally come up with enough money to put a huge down payment and have some leftover for monthly payments and mods!

I'm not sure if this is where you introduce yourself so sorry if it is in the wrong spot. So I have had my 2014 Mustang V6 Pony Package for about 4 Months now. I have babied my car since day one! (Hand washed two to three times a week, dash cover to protect the dashboard, etc.) I never really took to many pictures of my car so the two below are the only ones worth posting!

Name:  8QNmzvn.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  728.9 KB
Name:  t4z9VIK.jpg
Size:  491.8 KB

Unfortunately, yesterday I was involved in an accident!

Name:  vBTtSt5.jpg
Size:  744.3 KB
Name:  KOUOF4E.jpg
Size:  713.8 KB

Describing how the accident happened is nearly impossible without actually being at the location so I am going to explain it the best I can!

I was driving a good friend home from school. When I took a turn off of the main road and into his neighborhood I was being followed by a blue Mitsubishi Eclipse. When I took a left onto his street, for some reason, the Mitsubishi Eclipse felt it was necessary to pass me by going into the oncoming lane of traffic and try to pass me...Note, this was a two lane road, both going in opposite directions. He hit me right on the driver side at about 45 MPH (10 MPH over the speed limit.)

I can't remember exactly what happened but my side airbag went off (Luckily because otherwise my head would have smashed through the driver side window.)

The cop said that he was not aloud to say who was at fault and seeing how it was yesterday, insurance claims haven't gone all the way through yet. The Eclipse driver got two tickets, one for Tailgating and another for Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road. I think it is safe to say that their insurance will cover the damages.

It just sucks that after babying a car for months that this had to happen!
Sorry for the pretty negative first post but hopefully I'll stick around and do some posting!

If anyone was wondering what I( have done with the car:
- Plasti Dipped the Wheels Black
- Borla Stinger S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust
- Ordered 3.7 Emblems and Green Plasti Dip but they have yet to arrive.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Xidol, I hate to see that. Great looking car and you seem to have a really good view on things for a 17 yr old. Hopefully your car gets taken care of soon and you get it back on the road.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM
xXidol

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Xidol, I hate to see that. Great looking car and you seem to have a really good view on things for a 17 yr old. Hopefully your car gets taken care of soon and you get it back on the road.
Thanks man! I really like your car as well. My second choice of color was going to be white but the black was calling my name! Hopefully ill be rocking a 5.0 in the future like yours! Stay safe man!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Do not go to a dealer for body work repair or an Insurance "Preferred" shop... Quality is rarely there in those scenarios.
Do some research about reputable shops in your area and go to them.
And I agree with Tanner... you seem to have it together for a 17 year old.
Good luck.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM
xXidol

Originally Posted by pascal
Do not go to a dealer for body work repair or an Insurance "Preferred" shop... Quality is rarely there in those scenarios.
Do some research about reputable shops in your area and go to them.
And I agree with Tanner... you seem to have it together for a 17 year old.
Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up! I will be researching good shops for the rest of the night!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xXidol
Thanks for the heads up! I will be researching good shops for the rest of the night!
Where in NC are you Xidol???

If you're in or around Raleigh, please check Auto Arts. They are a custom shop, but also do insurance work and are very reputable!

http://www.autoartsinc.com/index.html
Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

May I ask what kind of business u started? I started a detailing business when I was 18 and ran it for about 2 years.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM
xXidol

Originally Posted by cema93
May I ask what kind of business u started? I started a detailing business when I was 18 and ran it for about 2 years.
It's an online gaming server where people can essentially pay for in game items. I wish I could so something car related. I have a bunch of people who are telling me they will pay me money to plasti dip there wheels, so maybe I could jump on that. I have also been trying to find a job at a local car wash because I think it would be so cool to see the cars coming through. Did you end up selling your business after the two years?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by xXidol
It's an online gaming server where people can essentially pay for in game items. I wish I could so something car related. I have a bunch of people who are telling me they will pay me money to plasti dip there wheels, so maybe I could jump on that. I have also been trying to find a job at a local car wash because I think it would be so cool to see the cars coming through. Did you end up selling your business after the two years?
Platidipping isn't a business I would go into. The problem is that it doesn't stand up to wear-and-tear that well. It rubs/flakes off after some time (less than a year) so it will look like crap. Then what? redip? Who pays? how much? etc....
Old 05-21-2014, 05:56 PM
xXidol

Originally Posted by Derf00
Platidipping isn't a business I would go into. The problem is that it doesn't stand up to wear-and-tear that well. It rubs/flakes off after some time (less than a year) so it will look like crap. Then what? redip? Who pays? how much? etc....
True, that could complicate things in the future. It would probably be better to stick to family and friends. It would be fun though. For all the people I've done it for so far I have only made them pay for paint. Who knows though, maybe one day!

Quick Reply: Crash!