5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

95 gt stalls when I turn the steering wheel or coming up to a stop

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 AM
matheus.mattia

Default 95 gt stalls when I turn the steering wheel or coming up to a stop

I have a mustang 95 GT 5.0, and since I bought it I have problems with stalling at certain occasions:

-When I'm coming up to a stop and I push the clutch in
-When I'm parking, while stopped and turning the steering wheel

I have already cleaned the MAF sensor, which the performance has improved substantially.

Sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Sounds like IAC may be acting up. Does it hunt around for idle speed under normal conditions?
Old 06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
matheus.mattia

Originally Posted by Maxwelhse
Sounds like IAC may be acting up. Does it hunt around for idle speed under normal conditions?
Sorry, I didn't understand your question... Are you asking if the idle speed fluctuates? if yes, it does when I'm stopped waiting for the traffic light for example, but not all the time...

Could it be the some electrical plug, from any sensor? I have noticed that there are several plugs a little melted

thanks for your help!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Yes, that is what I was asking.

The odds are pretty good that the IAC (idle air control) valve is acting up and not maintaining idle speed correctly. I'm not sure if it will always set a computer code when its "failing". You can pull it off and try to clean it up but that rarely works. That's my best guess at this point since its such a common issue.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
matheus.mattia

Originally Posted by Maxwelhse
Yes, that is what I was asking.

The odds are pretty good that the IAC (idle air control) valve is acting up and not maintaining idle speed correctly. I'm not sure if it will always set a computer code when its "failing". You can pull it off and try to clean it up but that rarely works. That's my best guess at this point since its such a common issue.
I have cleaned the sensor and seems that the idle has improved a little....

But while disassembling the throttle body, I noticed that had too much carbonization and fuel (actually leaked as can be seen on photo) right after the throttle valve (I had cleaned about 1 year ago)... Is this normal? Another problem that I have is the exhaust (it's seems to be) explode(really loud pops) some times when I accelerate and leave the car go by the inercia...

Why is there fuel there? Bad valve timing? And is this causing the exhaust pops?

And really thanks about the other tip....
Attached Thumbnails 95 gt stalls when I turn the steering wheel or coming up to a stop-img_0320.jpg   95 gt stalls when I turn the steering wheel or coming up to a stop-img_0321.jpg