Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Hi, here's a burnout.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 AM
CoolStuffForDummies

Default Hi, here's a burnout.

Figured this would be a good way to introduce myself, thought I'd show you guys the car and speak my mind on a few things, my plans for it, all that good stuff. Buddy of mine got a GoPro not too long ago, so before we started drinking the other weekend we went and shot a quick video of my car. Should be the first of many to come, there are some nice cars that come out to the parkway on the weekends - usually a handful of 5.0's, a couple vettes, seen a few foxes, lots of bikes, assorted imports, some classic muscle, you get the idea. So, I should be able to find time for decent videos in between calculus and nookie.

My car is a 2013 Brembo 5.0 w/ 3.73's, standard trans. Car is untouched aside from the Falken FK453's in the back, otherwise bone-stock. As you can see from the video, it has some traction problems, that sort of thing tends to happen when I screw around on the street. Roasts the tires and gets all out of shape in 1st and 2nd gear, spins a lot of 3rd sometimes too. I'm thinking it needs 305 or 315 section summer tires in the back. I'd rather not run a drag radial on the street.

Also going to address the chassis flex with subframe connectors and the suspension needs to be quite a bit stiffer IMO, the Brembo package comes with fairly decent suspension but the car sits a little too high, there's a little too much body movement, it's a little soft, etc. I'm thinking something like an Eibach pro kit would do the trick. Lowered 1-1.5, stiffened up, more controlled. Fairly good price. Nothing too extreme. I'd also like to get an adjustable panhard bar or watts link, any advice on which is better would be appreciated.

As far as the engine/driveline goes, I've pretty much decided on the Cobra Jet manifold/SCJ throttle body with Rev Auto's 5-inch CAI, maybe later this year. Guys running those bolt-ons, both auto and MT, are consistently trapping 120+ and running low 11's on a sticky tire. Not a bad start. Obviously things like an oil separator, billet oil pump gears and Boss 302 valve springs are cheap insurance, so those are on the list. I'm going to raise the rev limiter to at least 7,300, likely more, so I'd like a little extra peace of mind, although I know the stock longblock is 100% capable of handling that. Probably going to get a Borla Catback, they're on the expensive side, yes, but the S-type and ATAK stuff sounds phenomenal. You get what you pay for IMO. My 3rd choice would probably be dumped dynomax bullets. Lol. Oh and I gotta have a one-piece driveshaft. The stock one is absurd.

Goal for the car is 10.90's all motor (i'll get comp stage 3's if I have to) while retaining 1g cornering capability on fatter summer tires, probably 265's up front, something fairly sticky, and your basic "cheap" 305 or 315 in the back, like an FK453 or Toyo T1R, nothing too crazy, just a considerably wider footprint without dropping $400+ a tire. Honestly though, even if I only get some of this done, the car is already a lot of fun as is. I've had a lot of good races, even beaten a few vettes, a KB (low boost) '02 GT and many many four-bangers cheers.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dropping it with some new LCAs will do wonders for driveability. Adjustable panhard would be needed for that drop too. All your other mod ideas are good choices. Dont be afraid of some Nitto 555rs for a daily driver drag radial. I run them in 305/40/18 and they stick amazing with my setup. They also are a great tire in the rain and can last up to 15k miles. Borlas, by far the best sounding exhaust out there. I have the S types on my car, my buddy has the ataks on his GT500.....simply amazing tone. DSS the only driveshaft company worth buying IMO. No vibrations at all.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:23 PM
CoolStuffForDummies

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Dropping it with some new LCAs will do wonders for driveability. Adjustable panhard would be needed for that drop too. All your other mod ideas are good choices. Dont be afraid of some Nitto 555rs for a daily driver drag radial. I run them in 305/40/18 and they stick amazing with my setup. They also are a great tire in the rain and can last up to 15k miles. Borlas, by far the best sounding exhaust out there. I have the S types on my car, my buddy has the ataks on his GT500.....simply amazing tone. DSS the only driveshaft company worth buying IMO. No vibrations at all.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I was reading about the DSS not too long ago and how they balance their stuff up to 220 mph or thereabout? That's excellent, I highly doubt the car will see much higher than 180 mph on the stock internals once I start modding. 40mph is a nice safety buffer to have, especially with driveshafts. I'm also going to make sure I always have Y-rated tires on the car. The Azenis Fk453's are nice and I could get them in 265/35-19's for the front and 305/30-19 in the back but I'd need a new set of wheels, like Forgestars. Probably 19x9.5 front 19x11 rear, but the car would have to be lowered before that, I'm not about to drive around with a wheel gap that's over a half inch worse than stock, lol.

If I were to run a drag radial, I'm afraid it would be a weekend only thing, I do too much "spirited" cornering and stuff to run them all the time.