Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Default P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

Hello All,

Yesterday it was raining so hard while driving, I ran though a puddle not bad, then went to gas station to fill up the 'stang, engine light came on after I turn on the car. I got home and read the code it was P0193, after searching on the internet found out it can be the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor, verified the car and could not see anything wrong. I check the gas cap since that was the two things before the engine came up, it had some drops on it, just cleaned. I cleared the DTC today morning before coming work, I noticed some weird noise when shifting at high RPMs from 1st gear to second gear and to third gear, like some spitting is not loud enough(I have CAI Intake) but driving seems good so far.

Just checked again and the engine light haven't come on again, what other recommendations would you give me to monitor or change the Sensor?

Does anyone have a diagram or pic where exactly is the sensor?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

It is located on the driver side of the fuel rail, mounted on top of the fuel rail with two bolts. There is a black vacuum hose running to it; carefully remove the hose and check for gas in the hose. If there is gas in the vacuum hose, the frps sensor is bad.

If you remove the sensor, be careful, as there will be pressure in the fuel rail and fuel will spray everywhere, and if anything is hot, it could start a fire.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
It is located on the driver side of the fuel rail, mounted on top of the fuel rail with two bolts. There is a black vacuum hose running to it; carefully remove the hose and check for gas in the hose. If there is gas in the vacuum hose, the frps sensor is bad.

If you remove the sensor, be careful, as there will be pressure in the fuel rail and fuel will spray everywhere, and if anything is hot, it could start a fire.
Thanks for the reply! I will review it this weekend and will make sure car is cold =).

Check Engine hasn't come back again would that mean I'm good or still can be something there ? Driving the car feels ok, it only spits a little different when shifting on high RPMs.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:51 AM
TorchredGT45

Default Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Trip

Originally Posted by gnrpatience
Thanks for the reply! I will review it this weekend and will make sure car is cold =).

Check Engine hasn't come back again would that mean I'm good or still can be something there ? Driving the car feels ok, it only spits a little different when shifting on high RPMs.

Hi there! Do you mind telling me what this ended up being? I had the exact same situation with the rain and fueling up and everything and received the same code. I'm worried but I don't have the symptoms of a bad sensor.