General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

How much HP can NOS add?

Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How much HP can NOS add?

FAST AND THE FURIOUS!!! NOWSSSS
Old 11-05-2005, 01:43 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan9687

Dan04COBRA

NOS is a brand, not a general name for Nitrous.
I know NOS is a brand name. But I used NOS because NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Sytem and thats why I used the word NOS because no matter what brand name of nitrous you have its a nitrous system period.
...What?
Yes "NOS" stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, but what does that have to do with the rest of the post?
Nitrous is nitrous, "NOS" is a Brand Name developed by Holley.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:28 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

oh and also take into consideration a 75 hp shot will probobly give you 75 lb torque too.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

is that the same for every shot of NOS....what ever the shot equals the HP?

no thats not how it goes exactly.....thats what it's supposed to mean, but gains w/ differnet kits will vary w/ the the same jets

all are different, my zex 100 shot dry gained me from a 15.10 to a 13.60 thats like 150 hp gain, but obviously not, it just made up for a lack of power where it needed it.
that was on a stock aod 'vert lx w/ 3.73's

on my '89 5-speed coupe 4.10's and a 75 shot gained me from a 13.20 to a 12.50 that was a NOS dry kit

typically a 150 shot doesn't get you much more than a 100-125

the biggest gains will come from the lower hp like 75-100 and lb for lb. (using twice as much nitrous) the 75-100 jets are way better,
but thats my opinion, and obviosly varies from setup to setup....i'm talking mostly stock
Old 11-06-2005, 03:44 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

btw, the reason nitrous is refereed to as NOS is because NOS is the oldest nitrous auto application fabricator out there.....

a seadoo RXP is not a "jetski" only kawasaki makes "jetskis" but they were the first thats how it goes , so you gotta deal w/ it

everyones kits are direct ripoffs of NOS , zex and eddy dry kit are completely interchangeable. same goes for the nx and compucar wetkits

and yes i think it sounds ricey to call nitrous nos, but it's more irritating to see someone make a post w/ absolutely NO INFORMATIVE addition whatsoever but to criticize the poster on his use of the term. give something...anything, then make your comment

i lived in cali for 5 years and thats all anyone calls it......not me, but i grew up in detroit
Old 11-07-2005, 05:18 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

ima add nos to my ryyyddeee yooo. that and my double stack wing should give me 500 hp . and i just bought a 300 hp body kit... shizzam
Old 11-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

What do you call a soda then on a regular basis? Coke? Or do you call it soda or pop or whatever the respective name is (Sprite, Dr Pepper, Mr. Pibb etc)? Not to mention a walkman is Sony, all others are portable am/fm radio/CD players. Laptop computer was inventied by Osborne and trademarked by IBM everything else is a portable computer....just a few terms that people throw around that aren't correct either. Better yet, it's a windows computer. No it's not windows, it's a windows operating system on a personal computer (PC).

Oh and there is a difference between a Laptop and a notebook computer. Notebook is under 5.0lbs laptop/portable PC everything else that's not a tablet PC (which by the way is also TM).

There are many more but everyone does it...

ORIGINAL: Tim37

no your not the only one it annoys the **** out of me and basicaly it shows the ignorace of the person using NOS to mean nitrous.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obsol3te

Dan04COBRA

NOS is a brand, not a general name for Nitrous.
I know NOS is a brand name. But I used NOS because NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Sytem and thats why I used the word NOS because no matter what brand name of nitrous you have its a nitrous system period.
...What?
Yes "NOS" stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, but what does that have to do with the rest of the post?
Nitrous is nitrous, "NOS" is a Brand Name developed by Holley.

What about N2O?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:01 AM
pete1665
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tim37

no your not the only one it annoys the **** out of me and basicaly it shows the ignorace of the person using NOS to mean nitrous.
i bet you say "kleenex" instead of 'tissues'... YOUR IGNORANT!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 05:34 PM
rockin95
1st Gear Member

by the way...... you're = you are

who's ignorant?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much HP can NOS add?